ANYBODY HEARD WHO PULLED THE ALCATRAZ TAG???

I saw an IG post from Mossback a few days ago with a message offering to guide the public hunter for free whoever it is.

The lucky state tag holder last year has an aunt that lives on my street. Even they have not been able to tell me how the kid didn’t know he drew until notified after the hunt.

They don’t really need that when the auction hunter gets a two day head start by rule anyway.

Has the auction hunter ever needed more than one day to kill?

Probably Camped On Him & Surrounded Him!

I Don't Know If They've Needed It Or Not?

But I Remember A Few Different Years Where It Wasn't A Cake Walk For a 40"ER!

Th
Probably Camped On Him & Surrounded Him!

I Don't Know If They've Needed It Or Not?

But I Remember A Few Different Years Where It Wasn't A Cake Walk For a 40"ER!
There you go with the 40"er again. Have you ever been officially diagnosed with OCD? I'm guessing probably not but you definitely show all the signs. 🤔

LOL Ridge!

You're Kinda Touchy On The 40" When It's Mentioned Aren't You?

Most People Think There Are Numerous Numbers Of 40"ERS/Huge Bucks On ALCATRAZ!

WRONG!

Th
There you go with the 40"er again. Have you ever been officially diagnosed with OCD? I'm guessing probably not but you definitely show all the signs. 🤔

LOL Ridge!

You're Kinda Touchy On The 40" When It's Mentioned Aren't You?

Most People Think There Are Numerous Numbers Of 40"ERS/Huge Bucks On ALCATRAZ!

WRONG!
Probably all that piss poor management. They should cut out the public tag. A 50 percent tag cut, that surely would help. 🙄

One more thing, I put in for oak creek this year just for you. I wanted to see how bad that unit really has gotten. No such luck drawing a tag though.

Where Did I Say The Oak Creek Sucked?

Was There A Couple Years Ago During The RUT Ridge!

Guess What I Seen?

Cough It Up!

I Seen Several Bucks That Only Needed Another Year Or Two!

It Was Nice To See Some Decent Genetics & Some Age Left Come RUT Time!

Yup!

Alot Of MM RAMBO'S Woulda Been BAWLING: They Need To issue More Tags,Look At Them Bucks,Them RAMBO'S Can KMFA!

I Hope The DWR Keeps Managing The Unit For Some Quality & I Don't Give A Rat's F'N Ass If The OPPOR-F'N-TUNISTS Like It Or Not!

One more thing, I put in for oak creek this year just for you. I wanted to see how bad that unit really has gotten. No such luck drawing a tag though.

One More Thing Ridge!

You Wanna Hunt Oak Creek!

And I Hope You Get To!

And I Hope You Get To Hunt It Before It's F'ED Up!

I've Seen LE Units Go Up & Down For Years!

I've Seen It So Bad They Had To Close Several Units!

I Hope That Doesn't Happen To Oak Creek!

I Hope You Pull Your Tag Soon & Have A Great Hunt!

I saw an IG post from Mossback a few days ago with a message offering to guide the public hunter for free whoever it is.
Tells you how important it is to Mossback that they control which Antelope Island buck the public draw hunter harvests. Not only to protect this year's auction client. But so that Mossback controls which buck survives to 2025. So they can sell that buck to a 2025 auction client.

Well there were only two outfitters who were guiding that tag. And one no longer can. I'm not sure who controls the rights to guide or how that is determined. Pretty sure it is not a bid. And I don't think it is a contract with the state.

Antelope Island bucks will sell themselves no matter who is guiding. Given free rein as they have been in the past it is not a problem targeting bucks.

The paying hunter gets first choice. The draw hunter gets second choice. By law.

But yes killing those two bucks every year has screwed the herd and genetics. The crash is eminent.

NEWS FLASH!

It Was A Different Outfitter Last Year!

Well there were only two outfitters who were guiding that tag. And one no longer can. I'm not sure who controls the rights to guide or how that is determined. Pretty sure it is not a bid. And I don't think it is a contract with the state.

Antelope Island bucks will sell themselves no matter who is guiding. Given free rein as they have been in the past it is not a problem targeting bucks.

The paying hunter gets first choice. The draw hunter gets second choice. By law.

But yes killing those two bucks every year has screwed the herd and genetics. The crash is eminent.

The More Money!

The Bigger The Buck!

I Don't Expect The 2024 ALCATRAZ Buck To Be Quite As Big!

1716260609717.png

1716260609717.png

I'm Perty Sure The Hunter Will Be Told Which One To Shoot & Which Ones Not To Shoot!

Ok so all is well? They will just keep getting bigger and bigger? They won't target the big ones?
They will not allow the hunter to choose which one to shoot?
Sorry I can't keep up with the in guys.

Bummer. If I drew I was hoping to shoot the first MOTL buck I could find.
What happens if I find the wrong buck in my scope and shoot a sub par buck?
Honestly I thought I had a chance this year. Just trying to figure out how this hunt works before wasting points on a hunt I won't have fun on.

You Can Shoot Whatever You Want!

As Long As you Don't Have A FREE Guide/Outfitter With You!

Bummer. If I drew I was hoping to shoot the first MOTL buck I could find.
What happens if I find the wrong buck in my scope and shoot a sub par buck?
Honestly I thought I had a chance this year. Just trying to figure out how this hunt works before wasting points on a hunt I won't have fun on.

Tells you how important it is to Mossback that they control which Antelope Island buck the public draw hunter harvests. Not only to protect this year's auction client. But so that Mossback controls which buck survives to 2025. So they can sell that buck to a 2025 auction client.

I really don’t think this is how it’s been in the past. Those more knowledgeable on the specific island bucks than I am can chime in, but generally the state draw hunter has been treated very well by Doyle Moss.

The only shenanigans were by a different outfitter that no longer is allowed out there. Sometimes you’ve got to make lemonade out of lemons, ya know?

I too think the bucks killed this year will be smaller than Jimmy John’s buck. But Jimmy’s buck was one of the biggest ever killed out there, so taking one that big would be rare even for the Island.

Interesting to see one of the biggest ever this year after all the good genetics have been shot out of the herd and all…

I really don’t think this is how it’s been in the past. Those more knowledgeable on the specific island bucks than I am can chime in, but generally the state draw hunter has been treated very well by Doyle Moss.

The only shenanigans were by a different outfitter that no longer is allowed out there. Sometimes you’ve got to make lemonade out of lemons, ya know?

I too think the bucks killed this year will be smaller than Jimmy John’s buck. But Jimmy’s buck was one of the biggest ever killed out there, so taking one that big would be rare even for the Island.

Interesting to see one of the biggest ever this year after all the good genetics have been shot out of the herd and all…
As far as I know, Doyle has been very generous with any public hunter who has accepted his offer to help. He’s done all he could to get them opportunities at the biggest bucks available in the hunt area.

Yes, two tags a year has just been way to many. Lol

I still find it very amusing that the largest island buck to be killed was one year after all the experts on here was claiming they had killed off all the big deer out there.

As far as I know, Doyle has been very generous with any public hunter who has accepted his offer to help. He’s done all he could to get them opportunities at the biggest bucks available in the hunt area.
The only one I question was the '22 buck he helped the draw hunter kill. That buck just didn't hold a candle to what had been killed in the past and I found it hard to believe it was the best out there. But that said, maybe that was the buck the lady really wanted to kill because of how wide it was or something. It just seemed odd.

The only one I question was the '22 buck he helped the draw hunter kill. That buck just didn't hold a candle to what had been killed in the past and I found it hard to believe it was the best out there. But that said, maybe that was the buck the lady really wanted to kill because of how wide it was or something. It just seemed odd.
I agree. But she also didn’t strike me as the kind of person who would hold out for the biggest known buck alive when there’s a big one already standing in front of you. I doubt he’d lead you astray. I also doubt he’d talk you out of shooting a lesser buck if you wanted that one instead. I know doyle, and while he does have a reputation to uphold for big quality animals, he also does understand and respect that at the end of the day, it’s the hunters tag and they get to say which animal they want to put it on.

I still find it very amusing that the largest island buck to be killed was one year after all the experts on here was claiming they had killed off all the big deer out

they were killing bucks off the island long before this became a hunt

Hey Niller!

A Year Or Two Ago I Remember You Boasting Your Intelligence On & About ALCATRAZ!

It Doesn't Happen Often!

But You Were Arguing More With Founder Than Me!

That SSHHITT Doesn't Happen To Often!

When You Gonna Pony Up & Buy The ALCATRAZ Tag?

I still find it very amusing that the largest island buck to be killed was one year after all the experts on here was claiming they had killed off all the big deer out there.

Oh yes, I remember the discussion well! You and I were ignorant F’N opportunists that simply didn’t know what we were talking about. No good genetics were left on the island and we’d shot out any chance of ever killing big bucks again.

Then a few months later, Jimmy kills one of the biggest mule deer ever killed on that island. Weird how that worked. Maybe the genetics are still okay after all? Maybe the DNA doesn’t magically change after a buck hits 6 years old?

I’ll state it here, I agree with bessy you’ll see smaller bucks killed this year. Maybe even “so small” that some will be on this forum yelling for tag cuts again!

Hey Niller!

A Year Or Two Ago I Remember You Boasting Your Intelligence On & About ALCATRAZ!

And it sure didn’t take long for my hypothesis to be proved right and Founder to look silly, huh?

For the record, I never claimed any specific intelligence about the Island itself. I haven’t been out there in years. I just happen to know 99% of what is said about big mule deer vs tag allocation for hunters is complete BS. Can you imagine thinking 2 tags is too many? TWO!!! Wild.

Oh yes, I remember the discussion well! You and I were ignorant F’N opportunists that simply didn’t know what we were talking about. No good genetics were left on the island and we’d shot out any chance of ever killing big bucks again.

Then a few months later, Jimmy kills one of the biggest mule deer ever killed on that island. Weird how that worked. Maybe the genetics are still okay after all? Maybe the DNA doesn’t magically change after a buck hits 6 years old?

I’ll state it here, I agree with bessy you’ll see smaller bucks killed this year. Maybe even “so small” that some will be on this forum yelling for tag cuts again!

You've Heard Me For Years Telling It The Way It Is!

Most Of What I've Said Over The Years Wasn't Directed At The ALCATRAZ Deer Herd!

What I Do Find Amazing Is How Many People Think That ALCATRAZ Is A Smorgasbord Of 40" Bucks To Look Over & Just Pick One Out!

((( I Used The 40" Buck Just For Ridge,You Can Replace It With TROPHY If It Makes You Feel Better!)))

And it sure didn’t take long for my hypothesis to be proved right and Founder to look silly, huh?
I'd Bet You're Still SPORTIN The Feather In Your Cap?
For the record, I never claimed any specific intelligence about the Island itself. I haven’t been out there in years. I just happen to know 99% of what is said about big mule deer vs tag allocation for hunters is complete BS. Can you imagine thinking 2 tags is too many? TWO!!! Wild.

I hope whoever draws the tag hunts it by themselves and kills a 20" 3X4 with a recurve bow at 25 yards after a good stalk. That's more impressive than a sandwich tycoon with a posse

It would be hilarious if the state draw guy got Doyle's help and dumped a Forky or 20" 4x4 type buck. I wonder if Doyle would post the pics?

It'd Even Be Funnier If That Was Niller Opening Morning Getting Buck Fever From That 20" PISSCUTTER And Not Being Able To Pass The OPPORTUNITY!

Magazine Material Right There!

It would be hilarious if the state draw guy got Doyle's help and dumped a Forky or 20" 4x4 type buck. I wonder if Doyle would post the pics?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom