2024 Draw is Open

Coues are the rage because all the big muley hunts are that much harder to get tags for, and much harder to find in general units than years gone by. The creep is bad and won't be getting better.

We actually put in for 13B as our first choice, but barring some miracle, we have no chance of drawing that one. 3A/3C is our second choice. It is my understanding that both the first and second choices count, but if I got that wrong, I'd like to find that out.

We actually put in for 13B as our first choice, but barring some miracle, we have no chance of drawing that one. 3A/3C is our second choice. It is my understanding that both the first and second choices count, but if I got that wrong, I'd like to find that out.
Yeah, you got that wrong. Your 13b choice won't even be looked at since you're in the max pt draw for 3a/3c achery, which only took 11 pts for a NR to draw last year. Hope you have point guard.

My son and I put in for 3A/3C archery deer tags. We have 19 points. Hopefully we will draw.
IMG_3091.gif

Yeah, you got that wrong. Your 13b choice won't even be looked at since you're in the max pt draw for 3a/3c achery, which only took 11 pts for a NR to draw last year. Hope you have point guard.
bwht4x4 is correct. You should be in the max pool with 19 points each which means you should get your second choice without your first choice even being considered.

If we don't draw 3A/3C archery deer tags this year, and if the tag quota remains the same, it will take 20 or more nonresident points to draw 3A/3C archery deer tags next year in the max points drawing. If we do draw, according to one of the guys who personal messaged me and who is waiting in mine behind us, it is going to take a least 17 or more nonresident points next year.

Last edited:
I noticed it took 20 points last year for
Nr 12-a west side early hunt.
In the 20% draw. That seems like a lot to me for the early hunt. All though, I don’t know much about that hunt

I noticed it took 20 points last year for
Nr 12-a west side early hunt.
In the 20% draw. That seems like a lot to me for the early hunt. All though, I don’t know much about that hunt
Here’s my opinion on it.
With 20 points you will never catch up and draw a bonus late tag or strip tag and the Random odds are less then 1%. I think a lot of guys are realizing this and using there points.
All the bonus tags for the late hunts have been going to Max point holders, which sucks because I am 1 under max NR.
This year there’s still 74 with max (27)
88 with 26
There are 1241 people with between 20 and 25 points.
With the current late tag numbers most guys with max or a couple under looking to Hunt late or the strip will die, be to old to hunt or just settle for a different hunt.
From what I understand the early hunt can be tuff but I know there are some guides who always seem to kill some big ones.

There is no scenario where the computer will look at your 2nd choice without first looking at your 1st choice. It's called 1st choice and 2nd choice for a reason.

The computer tries to fill the 1st choice and if not, it goes to the 2nd choice. Pretty simple. If you want to have a chance to fill the 1st choice in the random side, don't put a sure thing as 2nd choice because it'll be drawn in the Bonus Pass and you'll be out before going to the random side.

Last edited:

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom