111-113 Late Buck Hunt

helidriver72!

So some how I managed to pull the only non resident tag for this hunt. Sounds like up high, away from the roads on the east side of unit 111 is where to concentrate my efforts. What I’m curious of is the genetics in that area, if I can find a mature deer will he have some mass?
Anyone else had this tag in the last few years?
Thanks!

Welcome to MM! These boards can be rough, you will see. Introduce yourself and get acquainted, it will pay off...a ton of great advice here. Again, welcome!

Thanks for the welcome, I’ve been a member for along time here but lost my info with a email change so it was just easier to start a new account.
And if some people want to razz the “new guy” ,whatever…..

I had to do the same process myself, lol! Glad to have you back! Stubaby posted on the same unit so look into that. My knowledge is minimal on the unit, heard it's tough early...my old ass wouldn't be going up! Keep us posted on what you dig up, always great to hear on tag holders progress!

My wife drew this early season tag. Hoping to turn up decent buck. Hunted it a few years back with a buddy got a little 4 point. Hoping to get out scout a few times. Good luck. I can keep ya updated on findings.

In 2023 I helped a friend on his Bull elk hunt there and also filled a late season (Dec) cow elk tag myself. Glassed up lots of deer....mostly way up high. As far as quality, well....cant say I laid eyes on any real monsters. But, if you're happy with a 150-170 4x4 and are willing to do some climbing, I would think that to be fairly doable. The buck in my avitar pic is from there about 5 years ago.

In 2023 I helped a friend on his Bull elk hunt there and also filled a late season (Dec) cow elk tag myself. Glassed up lots of deer....mostly way up high. As far as quality, well....cant say I laid eyes on any real monsters. But, if you're happy with a 150-170 4x4 and are willing to do some climbing, I would think that to be fairly doable. The buck in my avitar pic is from there about 5 years ago.
Thank you for the info, don’t mind a little climbing

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom