Zone 6 Sheep Hole Mountains CA

Blanding_Boy

Very Active Member
Anyone know anything?

I am going on this sheep hunt with a friend and his friend--anyone had any experiece with this zone or know anything about the sheep in the area?

Send an email

Thanks
Todd Black
[email protected]
BTO

Access is bad. There are some 160 rams in there. I would not pass up a 165 sheep looking for something bigger. It most likely doesn't exist. Be sure your friend calls the CFG biologist for the area. They are very helpful and are all hunters. It is a very tough hunt but sheep hunting is supposed to be, isn't it? I have been up nearly every canyon in the zone but all in a helicopter. There are boulder fields with rocks the size of houses. Some fair flat areas on top.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

My buddy hunted there last year and killed a ram. PM me and I can pass his info off to you.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-06 AT 06:57PM (MST)[p]I know the website for one of the "guides" mentioned above is:

http://www.bighornoutfitter.com/ (I have personnally had a desert bighorn hunt outfitted by Tim Mercier and can more than vouch for the excellent quality of his services.)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom