ziess rapid z

DBG3285

Has anyone had any dealings with this scope or know anyone that has? I was looking at them the other day and was wondering if they actually worked the kind of remind me of the shepard set up.

I have the z800,i like the scope,to use it you sight in at 200yds,they have a website for that scope you enter your ballistics for your bullet,it will then calculate the power to set it at,i checked it at each range out to 700yds was pretty close to on,i was shooting 338rum.

NRA's web site had an article that compaired scopes with the ranging scope reticles. The ziess was at the top of the list for accuracy, ease of use, and support. Leupold's B&C ranked the same. Supprisingly, the Swarovski was very near the bottom of the list.

Here is the link if your interested. It's a good article if your in the market.

http://www.americanhunter.org/Webcontent/pdf/2009-6/2009611-retilces.pdf

I've also been interested in the shepard scope. I have read alot of reviews that hammer on their product service and support. I'm haven't decided what to buy yet. Leopold can add a custom recticle through the factory that is matched to your ballistics. I'm concidering that route.

I have the z600 and found it does do what it claims. The holdover bars are pretty accurate if you do everything right. I'm happy with it.

I know a habdfull of guys that have Sheperds, and they absolutely love them! These guys pound these scopes and have zero problems.

Check out the new Leica scopes with the ballistic reticle. Fantastic optics, easy to mount, 4" of eye relief at all power settings and comes with the Leica Ballistics Program, gives the drop for your cartridge that matches the reticle. My buddy who is a Leica Dealer just got back from SHOT Show will all the info in the Leica scopes. He is ordering a 3.5-14x42 for me! We are going to mount it on my 300 RUM and check it out. NJS

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom