Ziess or Minox Riflescopes

N

need2hunt

Anybody here familiar with the ziess or minx riflescopes? I've always been a Leupold guy and have a 3-9 x40 on top of nearly every rifle I own. Was thinking of going a different route with my latest addition. I see both Ziess and Minox make a scope in a 3-15 x 42....I could use the little bit of extra zoom from the Leupolds I have. Plus the price from Cameraland isn't too shabby for minx/ziess.

I like to do my homework before making a purchase :)

How are these scopes in terms of durability, proper tracking, holding zero (after bumps or recoil) or even customer service?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-13 AT 09:31AM (MST)[p] I would go with minox...I bought a new Zeiss 4.5-14 conquest from cameraland here, mounted it wouldn't hold zero..contacted zeiss they said it would take serval weeks to get it repaired..called Doug at cameraland, explained that I had a hunt coming up, they shipped me a brand new scope on there dime ( 2 days) and saved my hunt..my friends zeiss had some tracking problems (4.5-14 conquest also ),sent back for repair..11 weeks later got it back..that said I do have a couple zeiss spotting scopes and really like them ..I sold my Zeiss riflescope also, if I can't trust it ,I don't want it...I now run sightron( they track like there on rails)..I did just buy a Vortex 6.5-20x44 pa wide plex from cameraland great price $279.00..so far doing great..sorry for the rant...between those two ...go with Minox.Danny

Thanks for the rant. haha. Exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for. I like to do my homework before making purchases. Thanks for tossing the Vortex in there too, I actually am interested in the Vortex HS 4-16 X 44 LR....I didn't see that model untill after I made this post. I've been kinda shy about trying the Vortex stuff because it is kinda new company as compared to Leupold (the brand I normally go with).

A friend bought a vortex 4-16x50 hs lr he's really impressed shoots reg out to 1K with his 308 (he teaches sniper training where he works)..the only thing I don,t like about his is that it has .5 elev and .25 windage..they have a model for &50.00 less with cap over the turret with 0.25 elev & windage... Elk hunter96 : I,m glad your zeiss is working but if it goes ##### up expect 10 weeks for the repair...also what model sightron did it replace ? I have only bought the sii big sky with side focus 6.5-20x50 and I have a couple siii 6-24x50 they all track..Danny

Needtohunt: cameraland is selling vortex viper 6.5-20x44 wide plex side focus.. for 279. a killer deal (wide plex looks like the leupold duo-plex) been hearing they track really well also.. Danny

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom