Zen Ray vs Vortex Razors.

fatrooster

Long Time Member
I'm tired of my wife stealing my EL swaro's and so I want to get her a quality pair of bino's. I'm very impressed with the Vortex warranty and the quality of the Razors is great. But they cost a couple hundred dollars more than the Zen Ray ED2. I've looked through some ED2's but I've never had them side by side with the Razors. But they are also great glass. How is the quality of the ED2's compared to the Razors when put side by side. And how is the Zen Ray warranty. fatrooster.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-10 AT 08:30PM (MST)[p]Foreman is right, the Razor image does take a back seat. I'm not so sure the Razor is that much better built, but I won't argue the point much either. If this is for your wife, consider the 7x36 ZEN ED 2. They are a fair bit smaller than either the Razor or the 43mm ZEN ED 2. I chose to run the 7x36 and the 10x43 ZEN ED 2. I returned the 8x43 simply because there was nothing I could do with either the 7x or the 8x that I couldn't do with the other, so opted for the 7x & 10x combo.

Zen Ray is providing pretty much a fault free replacement if it fouls up warranty.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-10 AT 10:22PM (MST)[p]I pretty much agree with Steve here. I personally would opt for the 8x43 EDII if you are looking at just a single pair, but to be fair I have not evaluated the 7x36.

I am a avid Vortex fan, I have looked through the zen ed, and own several vortex products... The thing I love about vortex is the warrenty... It can't be beat, and is well worth the price of admission IMO, not to mention, I didn't notice a difference in the glass personally... try and find somewhere to look through them both...
----------------------------------------
Hoyt Katera XL
Spot Hogg Seven Deadly Pin
Fuse Acculaunch
Fuse Satori
G5 Matreo Strings
"I don't miss, I just don't hit him on purpose"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics