Zeiss victory in Green finish

oilcan

Long Time Member
Was wondering if anyone has the Zeiss Victory in Green finish and what they thought of them?

Doug at Cameraland has the Victory FL T 10X42 with Green finish for $1499.Thats seems like a real good deal about $500 cheaper than the black pair.

From what i understand they had problems with the green color being consistant so they discontinued them.Anyone hear anything different?

I have the green Victory FL T 10X42, personally I like the green better than the black, I am a little surprised they got rid of the green. I really doubt you can get glass this good anywhere else for that price, if I was in the market for new glass I don't think I would pass them up.

The green armour wasn't smooth and sticky and consistent like the black. The green was rougher, showed rubbed spots easier, and didn't clean up as nice. This made the green version look cheaper and more used all the time. I'm surprised they even let it out.

All of my Zeiss Victories have the black armour which is uniquely sticky for a good grip and great looking as well.

For those who have ordered from Doug at Cameraland in the past do you have to pay taxes?

It doesn't matter what color it is, the Zeiss FL T is one of the best binos in the world, bar none. That's a great price, and no there is not tax unless you're in New York I think. Hard to pass up at that price.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-11 AT 11:31AM (MST)[p]First I've ever heard of there being any issues with green Zeiss FL's and I'm sorry to say, but I don't buy it either. 90% of the Zeiss FL's I've ever seen have been green and the guys I know running them have never said a word about the armor and I have never read any negative reports any where else. I know it for dang sure wouldn't stop me from buying a pair if that's the bino I was wanting to get.

Foreman4x4 i'm not sure if it's true or not but thats what Doug told me and i have no reason to not believe him.

But they are discontinueing them and i have been looking to upgrade for awhile and it's going to be hard to beat that price for New Binos.

Comparing 10X42 in that class Swaro,Leica and Zeiss i can't come close to that price and from what i hear they are all very close in comparison.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-11 AT 12:31PM (MST)[p]I have the green finish and have not had any problems with the finish, bought mine 5 yrs ago for just under 1400, so I believe that is a great price considering how much optics have gone up in the last 5 yrs.

hey alright! just got mine and had the chance to do a little testing...very impressed! am quite happy indeed

also, absolutely nothing wrong with the finish/armor

want to extend my appreciation to Doug and Neil at Cameraland...thanks dudes!

cheers'

Adam

I really want a pair, that price is hard to beat. I just bought a Zeiss Conquest rifle scope last week from Doug & Neil...and a vortex spotting scope before that...I am going to be broke at this rate.

I bit the bullet today, put a pair of the Zeiss greenbacks on lay away today. Wife will beat me bloody if she knew how much I really spent on optics this year...Oh well, it is the life of a hunter.

I have been tempted to buy a pair. I'm wondering if they still have there same warranty if there discontinueing the green binos? what happens if you have an issue with them, will they replace them with the black model if there unable to fix? or will you be out of luck?

I am pretty sure they would just replace them with a black pair, if it came to that. I may be wrong, but I believe the original sell price used to be the same for both the green and black pairs. Wouldn't make sense for them to not warranty the binos even though they are now discontinuing the greens...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom