Zeiss rifle scope?

COLOelkman

Very Active Member
I'm sort of in the market for a scope as I just won a Browning A bolt in .338 with a Burris Fullfield II 3x9x40 and want to upgrade the scope a bit. Nothing against Burris but just thought I could sell it and upgrade. I bought a Nikon Monarch last year and like it fine (haven't used it much). After researching and comparing a bit, I wanted a Zeiss but just didn't want to fork out the extra $. The Zeiss question I have is whether anyone knows why some scopes have the icon on the side and some have the blue Zeiss logo sticker. I'm assuming the blue logo is an older scope as I've looked at a few on Ebay and new scopes don't seem to have the blue logo. I'd also seen someone note that their Zeiss was the more expensive German scope and not the cheaper US version. Does anyone have any knowledge on these topics?

Not sure of the logo but the Conquest is just made for the US market. They use the same glass and construction as the German models. The blue logo is on new scopes as well. Perhaps the icon is on their $1000+ scopes?

I responded in your load request thread and my .338 WM is topped with the Zeiss 3-9x40 Conquest. It is simply the best scope I've owned and I've been a devoted Leupold guy for 20+ years.

I purchased mine from Doug, at Camerland, for $389. Cameraland is sponsor here and they are one of the best sellers out there!

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

Thanks Scott. I've seen the icon on scopes well under $1000 for sure so I'm not sure of the differences. I'll perhaps stop in locally and see if they know as I have to pick up the gun at a Sportsmans Warehouse. I'd been looking at the 3.5-10x44 but it's a good jump in price and not sure if it's worth it for the extra objective. Your price was really good compared to even ebay which is often the lowest I've found. Was it NIB? Thanks for your help!
Doug

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom