ZEISS OR LEICA

I would go with Swarovski

Seriously though Zeiss vs Leica, I would get the Leica's.

Get ahold of Doug at camera land there are some great deals still to be had on Leicas with the rebates.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
Colorado, U.S.A
NRA LIFE MEMBER
www.ElkHunterSports.com

Anything you get from Swaro right now is 10 year old technology... Both Leica and Zeiss have upgraded their 10x42's a couple of times in the past 10 years...

Leica's are built to survive the roughest conditions... all metal with real fasteners to hold everything together on the inside. Not plastic and glue... My original Leica's are over 20 years old and while I have used them all over the world, they perform like the day I bought them. NJS

Zeiss Victory FLT

Pro

Brightest glass avaliable (most efficient prism design) ,sharpest centerfield resoultion

Great warranty, excellent customer service

Transferrable warranty helps future resale

Lightweight yet large so easy to hold on to

Con

Not built as durable as Leica
Armoring not up to Leica ,Swarovski standards.

Leica Ultravid HD

Awesome balance of brightness, edge to edge sharpness
Built like a tank. Great armoring.

Con

Warranty service

Optically the ZEISS FL is tough to beat for brightness and sharpness. I've heard that they have a special prism that allows for less light loss than Swaro or Leica and that gives them the edge in brightness. Pretty cool to hear that one has a definite unique feature that the other two don't have, while all of them say "we have the best lenses and our coatings are the greatest, yada yada yada."

Leica makes really good stuff, too, but you gotta get the two in your hands and see which one feels/looks the best to you. Line 'em up side by side, spend some time looking through them outside, and do what you want to do - not what advertisements or buddies tell you to do. Everyone has their own set of criteria for choosing optics so go with your gut after you test them out.

Good luck!

I have owned all 3 mentioned. Zeiss FL's seemed to be the the best to me and that is all I own now. Check out some bird watching forums too.

Both are first rate glasses. I prefer the Leicas because they accept the Outdoorsmans tripod mounting system.

I suggest you try both and pick the one you like best. At that level it is splitting hairs and personal preference.

Good luck.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom