Zeiss 65 Diascope Spotter

G

Garion33

Hello all. Does anyone own this particular scope? I am in the market for a new scope and have whittled my choice down to this or the Swaro 65 HD. I am able to get a much better deal(about $400 less) on the Zeiss 65 w/15-56 eyepeice than the Swaro 65 HD. There doesn't seem to be much on this scope after looking at all of the optics pages.

I have looked through both, though only in a store. Both scopes seemed roughly equal, maybe the Swaro was a touch brighter and a few ounces lighter. I finally drew a Goat tag and after saving up a bit, it gives me a good excuse to buy a new scope.

If you can help out with your thoughts on this scope, it would be much appreciated. I have never owned a Zeiss product, only Swaro, but I don't believe you can go wrong with any of the big 3 or several others I could name.

Thanks,
Garion33

I own the Zeiss 20-60x85 and i love it. My buddy had a swaro 20-60 and it was a really nice scope i thought they were pretty equal but he thought he could see a difference between them so he sold his swaro and bought a ziess. I think either way you would be getting a great scope.

"I have looked through both...roughly equal, maybe the Swaro-- a touch brighter and a few ounces lighter.

I don't believe you can go wrong with any of the big 3...

I am able to get a much better deal(about $400 less) on the Zeiss 65 w/15-56 eyepeice than the Swaro 65 HD."

Sounds like it is a matter of whether the "touch brighter" and "few ounces lighter" on the Swaro is worth the extra $400 over the Zeiss. While the devil is in the details and not all glass is the same for different eyes, both brands are well proven.

I agree with the other two posts. You can't go wrong with either. I ended up getting the swaro HD, but the main driver was availability. Had the zeiss been easier to find at the time, I don't know what I would have gotten. I was able to look through display scopes in the stores, but the diascopes where all on back order. Maybe that tells you something.

I was suprised at the difference in the swaro HD compared to the standard swaro when I was shopping. I would rate the zeiss above the standard swaro. In my opinion the swaro hd and zeiss diascope perform as equals.

If saving $400 let's you get a real good tripod that you otherwise wouldn't have gotten, then save the money and invest in the pod. The scopes are comparable enough that the tripod would easily tip the scale on the performance.

+1 what deer said.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Zeiss have horrible edge to edge clarity. The center is nice and sharp but the closer you get to the edge the fuzzier the image becomes. This is true on all zeiss scopes, the new and old generation. Becuase of this I personally would not even consider a zeiss. I have had friends say "mine isn't like that" until I look throught them and point the flaw out too them, then they notice..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom