Youth duck hunt

6x7

Very Active Member
I am gona take my boy to dry creek or delavan this saturday,But I was wondering if there was anybody out there that has a club or decent hunting place to take a kid.Hes 11 an has not shot a bird yet hes got a box of shells under him he just had a hard time hitting woddies in the timber.
So if theres anybody out there that would like to get in one more day of watching and calling send me a pm,we are located 45 minuets east of marysville so I would like to keep it to about an hours drive from there at the most thanks.

Ok I got a call from fish and game they had some drop outs on twitchell island hunt so we got in to the junior goose hunt down there saturday.

Good Luck!!!!!!! Some of my all-time best duck shoots were the early and late Junior huts. Did everything i could so the kids would have a great hunt. 5-10 years ago it wasn't very popular, don't know about now.

so how did the youth hunt go for your son? The kids I took out did great on Saturday, each shot about 1 1/2 boxes of shells. Sunday was not good, but they had a lot of fun shooting clay pigeons and .22s afterward.

They had a lot of fun picking up corn cobs and throwing kernels at each other,the geese were flying high and out of reach,but they had fun we should of gone to dry creek if we realy wanted to get some shooting in.
Some friends of mine drew the late season twitchell island hunt a few years ago and they murderd the geese so we had to give it a try.

I didn't have a kid to take this year, but they sure hammered the Black Brant again this year on Humboldt Bay.

Eel

>So eel is that a invite
>for next year for two
>kids?

That's a little far out on the calendar, but if you can remind me as it gets closer, it might work out. (I'm not getting any younger :)) I don't have much in the way of accommodations, sorry to say.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-12 AT 09:19PM (MST)[p]My truck has a bed in the back to cover the accomadations,And I will hit you up come mid january next year,I would love for the kids to get a bird like a brant to hang on the mantel.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom