Youth Bull Elk Hunt Help

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I've been so busy with my daughters softball travels that I have let my sons bull elk hunt research go unattended. I'm thinking hunting the northern part of the state may give us the best...or most, opportunities at him being able to kill his first bull elk. I would love a push in the right direction as to what areas in the Uintas to research. This is an early September hunt so I'm hoping the bulls will be bugling by then. Thanks in advance for any positive info. Take care...

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

I have found that the south slope bulls tend to rut later than most areas. remember they gave out more tags this year so you will have more competition.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

>I have found that the south
>slope bulls tend to rut
>later than most areas. remember
>they gave out more tags
>this year so you will
>have more competition.
>
>How to start an argument online:
>
>1. Express an opinion
>2. Wait

We hunted the south slope with this tag last year. And the bulls were in full on rut during the hunt. it was a very fun hunt we seen more elk then i was expecting and tagged out on a pretty nice 6x5. Try the red cloud loop taylor mt and black mt area good luck

I'd take DPB's advice.

And I'd stay away from the Soapstone side...
They dont buggle much early.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Thanks to all of you for the advice. I really appreciate it and my son does as well.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

You are in for a fun hunt. I love taking out the youth hunters. Both of my boys hunted that same general area around the Red Cloud Loop/Flaming Gorge Lake area and had great success.

I will be out there again this year with one of my hunting buddies daughter. Best of luck.

Did you put him on for a cow? Can he get a control tag and hunt for it on the early hunt?

1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

>>I have found that the south
>>slope bulls tend to rut
>>later than most areas. remember
>>they gave out more tags
>>this year so you will
>>have more competition.
>>
>>How to start an argument online:
>>
>>1. Express an opinion
>>2. Wait
>
>
>We hunted the south slope with
>this tag last year. And
>the bulls were in full
>on rut during the hunt.
>it was a very fun

Lets see a pic of that bull....
>hunt we seen more elk
>then i was expecting and
>tagged out on a pretty
>nice 6x5. Try the
>red cloud loop taylor mt
>and black mt area good
>luck

1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

I didn't put him in for a cow tag...just youth bull. He shot a cow elk last year and said he wanted to shoot a bull this year. :)

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom