Your Opinion-Score

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
I am curious as to what you think this antelope will score. I am doing some pre-season scouting in the Cache Rich Unit. Its not known for B&C Bucks (which this one is not). However, there are some respectable bucks in this unit.

I have an idea of what it will score, but want to see if my numbers are similiar to yours.

If someone will post the pic's, I will email them to you. The pic's were taken yesterday evening. Thanks!!

Here ya go. That a dandy loper. He's got that pretty heart shape people like. My guess would be a mid 70's buck.

Yelum

4a49f74533886ea2.jpg

4a49f77f33b902d9.jpg

Pictures are tough - especially for goats. However, I agree with Yelum. Mid 70's max. 14 inches, good cutters, average mass but a little light on top.
Pretty buck. Chip

Woody,

Nice goat. Low to mid 70's. There are some better on the unit. I have had a couple friends hunt the unit. If your looking for a high scoring buck around 80 inches, keep looking. Good luck.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-09 AT 12:13PM (MST)[p]I am not hunting the unit, just scouting it for another MM memeber who lives out of state.

There are better on the unit, but this is an above average goat for this unit. There are a few 80 type bucks but not many.

My guess was 72". Sounds like we are all on the same page.

Hunt30 - I am the out of state hunter that Woodruffhunter is so kindly helping. I will be using a rifle. Hope everyone has a great Independance Day!

BIGFOOT,

I just purchased some SLC's that I want to try out this evening. I will take the camera and see if I can get you some more pic's as well.

I'm grateful for your help Jason! I really appreciate your assistance. If you keep this up, I'll have to buy you a soda-pop!

Greg,

I just sent you a pic of one I saw this evening. I also sent you a pic of a monster that came off this unit a few years back.

My dads pic of his goat is included as well. The pic taken with the bow is a goat of a lifetime for this unit.

I suspect I ended up taking this same buck from near Woodruff. Here is the unofficial score card on him. He was almost perfectly symetrical which boosted his score.

Antelope5.jpg

A.Tip to Tip Spread 7 6/8 Right Horn Left Horn Difference
B.Inside Spread of Main Beams 12
C. Length of Horn 15 5/8 15 6/8 1/8
D-1. Circumference of Base 6 4/8 6 3/8 1/8
D-2. Circumference of First Quarter 6 5 7/8 1/8
D-3. Circumference at Second Quarter 3 2/8 3 3/8 1/8
D-4. Circumference at Third Quarter 2 4/8 2 4/8 0
E. Length of Prong 4 2/8 4 2/8 0
Totals 38 1/8 38 1/8 4/8
ADD Column 1 38 1/8
Column 2 38 1/8