Your MPG

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
I am curious what gas mileage you are getting out of your
Diesels; especially when you are pulling a trailer.

I took my toy hauler out for the second time and got 9.5 miles
per gallon! I had it filled with fuel and water but no ATV's!

Its heavy, but still just 21'. What a joke, maybe I should have take d13ers advice and bought a Duramax!

BTW, its a 7.3 Powerjoke....

woodruff!!!

YOU THINK DURA-MAXI'S GET GOOD MILEAGE WITH A BIG LOAD???

MY TRUCK AVERAGES 11,500 & MY TRAILER AVERAGES ANYWHERE FROM 9-11K!!!

I HOPE 14 DOESN'T MAKE YOU MAD WHEN I'M PULLING!!!

SOME OF THE NEW SMOGGER BELCHERS WON'T GET THAT EMPTY!!!

BUT OH BOY THEY ARE OBAMA APPROVED!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

the duramax would get 9 mpg's too but would be real comfortable....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

YOU GUYS & YOUR 9 MPG RIGS EVER FEEL LIKE OBAMA BENT YOU OVER AT THE PUMP???

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

My 07 duramax was getting 13 pulling our trailer and wheelers to colorado. It was a big load but not as big as the Cats. Im sure there is better but I was happy.

14 pulling the horses and 26 with one quad and only my archery huntin gear, on the res outside blanding utah comin in from AZ.
And yes its a Duramax. 06 and Man does it ride nice!
Now lemme splain I got factory tires and wheels, chipped with a bully dog and it always has fresh filters when I go. 70 lbs in the tires.
When the snow comes to my country I replace the tires with the mudders on 17 black spokes. Not taht the black spokes make better fuel mileage but it looks cool.lol.

07 D-Max stock with air intake and 4' exaust. 16-17mpg empty on the freeway and 8-9mpg pulling my loaded 36' Weekend Warrior. Just wish it had a bigger fuel tank.

Milage problems will be over in a few years. You just won't be able to buy a truck. P.S. It's no wonder some of you guys are only getting 9mpg. The other 4-5 is in that black cloud you leave at the stop sign.

DETROIT (AP) - Some soccer moms will have to give up hulking SUVs. Carpenters will still haul materials around in pickup trucks, but they will cost more. Nearly everybody else will drive smaller cars, and more of them will run on electricity. The higher mileage and emissions standards set by the Obama administration on Tuesday, which begin to take effect in 2012 and are to be achieved by 2016, will transform the American car and truck fleet.

The new rules would bring new cars and trucks sold in the United States to an average of 35.5 miles per gallon, about 10 mpg more than today's standards. Passenger cars will be required to get 39 mpg, light trucks 30 mpg.

That means cars and trucks on American roads will have to become smaller, lighter and more efficient.

Eric Fedewa, vice president of global powertrain forecasting for the auto consulting firm CSM Worldwide in Northville, Mich., said the changes will make pickup trucks so much more expensive that they will be used almost exclusively for work.

And instead of a minivan or SUV, more parents will haul their families in much smaller vehicles with three rows of seats - something more like the Mazda 5 small van, he said. The Mazda 5 gets about 28 mpg on the highway.

"I think what you'll see is a lot more creativity in interior packaging," Fedewa said. "You'll get more rows of seats where you traditionally had cargo space."

Already on Tuesday, some drivers were skeptical. Dixie Bishop, who runs a plumbing business in San Antonio that uses vans, worries the new requirements will drive up her costs at a time when customers are cutting back on repairs.

"Are they going to take my horsepower down?" she asked. "I have to be able to carry old water heaters and toilets. It's not beneficial for me to haul one water heater at a time. We need the power to pull these heavy items."

The changes will start with smaller cars and trucks, and improvements to the internal combustion engine, Fedewa said. Automakers also already working on new technology, including direct fuel injection and high compression of the air-fuel mixture, that will make cars and trucks more efficient.

Car companies are rewiring vehicles so components such as air conditioners and power steering pumps are powered by electricity rather than by the engine, saving fuel.

And they're developing computer-controlled transmissions with six or more gears, adding efficiency, and rolling out more gas-electric hybrids - among the few cars sold today that meet the 2016 standards.

Of course, developing the technology will cost money - billions of dollars - and automakers will pass that on to their customers.

The Obama administration says the changes mean the average vehicle would cost about $1,300 more, although some private analysts say the increase will be much heftier. The administration says gas savings will make up the difference in about three years.

Automakers have said they need stable, relatively high gasoline prices to create a market for electric vehicles. General Motors fears rolling out its rechargeable Chevrolet Volt next year with gas at $2 per gallon.

American consumers have already shown their car-buying habits can change rapidly depending on gas prices. When fuel cost $4 a gallon last summer, people flocked to smaller cars. Gas is much cheaper now, and sales of hybrids have plummeted.

"The U.S. consumer has consistently chosen performance over fuel economy given the relatively low cost of fuel," David Leiker, senior automotive analyst for Robert W. Baird & Co. in Milwaukee, wrote in a note to investors.

The Volt is designed to run 40 miles on battery power when it is fully charged. After that, a small internal combustion engine kicks in to generate electricity and keep the car going. Other automakers are working on similar systems.

But the Volt is expected to sell for $35,000 to $40,000, and buyers may be unwilling to pay that much for a sedan, even if tax credits help ease the burden, unless gas prices soar.

Rechargeable electric vehicles, which under government calculations could get 100 mpg or more, will help automakers meet the standards and offset sales of larger, less-efficient models.

Under Obama's plan, the sale of of electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids could also generate "super credits" that would count as more than one vehicle when an automaker determines its average fuel economy and emissions figures.

The new rules cause manufacturers "to accelerate their technology plans, probably a little more aggressively than they originally thought," said Tony Posawatz, who heads development of the Volt's technology. "For us, we feel comfortable that we've got choices."

Just a few years ago, GM and other auto executives were doubtful they could meet even less stringent standards, but Posawatz said the technology has changed since then, especially with new lithium-ion batteries.

GM also is looking at electric trucks, which may bring them even closer to the goals, he said.

Earlier this year, Toyota said it planned to launch as many as 10 new hybrid models worldwide by early 2010, and it plans to bring a new version of the Prius to the U.S. in the coming weeks. Honda's new Insight hybrid is already on sale in the U.S. Mazda, meanwhile, has said it plans to focus less on hybrid vehicles and more on improvements to its basic internal combustion engine.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

HEY woodruff!!!

DON'T KNOW WHAT YEAR FORD YOU HAVE???

BUT MOST TRUCKS CHIPPED REASONABLY USUALLY INCREASE THE MILEAGE SLIGHTLY!!!

I KNOW ON SOME OF THESE NEWER BELCHERS IF YOU TAKE THE OBAMA PIPE OFF AND REPLACE IT WITH A STRAIGHT PIPE & PUT A PROGRAMMER ON THEM & STAY REASONABLE WITH THE PROGRAMMER THEY HAVE WAY MORE POWER & THE MILEAGE IS BETTER "IF" YOU KEEP YOUR FOOT OUT OF IT!!!

YOU GUYS HAVE SEEN THE OBAMA CLOUDS RIGHT???

THESE NEW OBAMA ELECTRIC POWERED POS'S OUGHT TO BE SOME TRAILER TOTEIN SOB'S!!!

THE NEW OBAMA RIGS WILL BE SMALLER & LIGHTER,THEM OUGHT TO BE SAFE,WAFJ!!!

THE ELECTRIC CARS SOUND LIKE A REAL HUMMER OF OF A RIG!!!

OBAMA FORGOT TO MENTION WE'LL BE CHARGING THE BATTERIES IN THEM POS VEHICLES WITH A COAL POWERED POWER PLANT THAT IS NOT REAL CLEAN EITHER!!!

I HOPE OBAMA IS THE FIRST ONE TO GET ONE OF THESE POS VEHICLES & HE TRIES PASSING ME,GUARANTEED HE WILL INHALE!!!

SORRY COPPER BOY,BUT EVEN YOU'LL BE PISSED WHEN 'YOUR BOY' MAKES YOU TRADE YOUR FULL SIZED PICK-UP IN FOR SOME LITTLE POS THAT WON'T PULL YOUR HAT OFF!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

2004 Powerstroke pulling an open trailer with two four wheelers and as much camping gear as my Wife can put in the truck. 17MPG at 65 MPH. I don't have anything heavier to pull. Yet.

my 07 6.0l power stroke averaged 9 mpg pulling my 40' toy hauler loades with gas water n 4 quads (about 20,000 lbs). my 08 6.4l powerstroke averaged 4mpg with the same load. my 2009 chevy duramax averages 11mpg with that trailer n pulls it 90 mph. I quit buying fords n will only buy chevys now. The only thing that sucks now is the fregeneration/burnoff. when ur haulin a trailer chevys won't regen n every day or so u have to drop the load n take a 5 min trip at 60 mph to do ur burnoff or ur exhaust filter gets clogged which causes ur truck to depower n eventually die. so pick ur poision when getting a new truck.

He who stomps the greatest stinky wins!

"BUT MOST TRUCKS CHIPPED REASONABLY USUALLY INCREASE THE MILEAGE SLIGHTLY!!!"

Bessy,

I have a programmable chip and have not used it-yet.

I haven't pulled much in the past and therefore, just left it on the stock settings. I forgot the name, but it came with the truck. I am going to plug it in and give it a try.

BTW, my truck is a 2000 7.3 F-350 Powerjoke!

My last truck was 2005 Dodge and it pulled better and got much better mileage. Pro's and Con's with all models I guess...

"my 08 6.4l powerstroke averaged 4mpg with the same load"

Not to self: Do not EVER buy this model of truck.

About everyone I know, does not like the new diesels; especially
the Ford post 7.3 models. New diesel trucks are becoming a joke!

Glad I just bought a new vehicle that should last me the rest of my life at the rate I now put mileage on my vehicles.

I bought a brandy new 2007 4x4 Durango with the 4.7 Flex-fuel V8. It had 85 test-drive miles on it. MSRP sticker was just under $35,000, and I traded in my '98 4x4 Dodge Quad cab with less than 80K miles on it for $6,500. Final price for the Durango out the door, including all taxes and licenses, was $19,000.

I've had it about 3 weeks now, but still haven't taken a highway trip. Around town, it's getting about 14-15 mpg, which is a vast improvemnt over the 10-11 of the Quad cab. I'll test the highway mileage when I drive to NJ in June for my 50th HS reunion. My wife's 2003 2-wheel V-8 Durango gets about 17, so I'm expecting about 17-19 on the highway, as well.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Well you need to quit buying fords. there a piece and get schitty gas mileage.

Chevy or GMC or even a dodge, But ford is crap!!!

LAST EDITED ON May-20-09 AT 10:22AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-20-09 AT 10:21?AM (MST)

my "powerjoke" as you put it, 17.5 just driving around town just filled it up and checked yesterday, 26' 5th wheel 12 plus towing the trailer with mountains and flat ground mixed

i guess i'd better add, flowmaster exhaust , k and n filter, and a chip ,,,,, plus i dont drive like a crazy man 2001 year pickup trailer loaded is about 8000 lbs

Tyler,

Sounds like yours is set up similiar to mine. I just need to
try it out with the "chip". I love the room and the comfort of
my Ford. That dodge I had was like driving a tin can. The only
think I liked about the dodge, was the motor. Everything else
second rate IMO.

Muzz,

If I was rich as you, I would even be asking about MPG!!!

98 dodge 2500 12 valve cummins: 18-19mpg empty, worst was 10.5mpg hauling 3 horses.

08 dodge 3500 cummins: 17mpg empty, 15mpg hauling 3 horses according to the digital readout.

i drive the speed limit.

Toyota is coming out with a new 1 ton diesel truck. saw it in a magazine. looks like an 8.0 with lots of hp. might be out in a few years.

>
>Well you need to quit buying
>fords. there a piece and
>get schitty gas mileage.
>
>Chevy or GMC or even a
>dodge, But ford is crap!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>

Hey muzz-
Again, who is it that is the only auto maker NOT going ##### up??
Ford has been and always will be the number 1 selling trucks in America, it takes both GMC & Chev to sell the same number of trucks that Ford does! ;-)
48288e6577d023b6.jpg

LOL 1911!!!

JUST SO YOU GUYS KNOW!!!

MY READOUT SAYS 22 TO 25 ALL THE TIME,IT'S A PHONY SOB!!!

I CALCULATE WITH A CALCULATOR,THE TRUCK IDLES IN THE MORNINGS ON SUMMER DAYS 25-30 MINUTES,ON COLD WINTER DAYS IT IDLES 45+ MINUTES EVERY MORNING,ON EXTREME COLD (-25 & COLDER!!!) JUST MIGHT AS WELL LEAVE IT RUNNING ALL NIGHT CUZZ YOU AIN'T GONNA WARM IT UP ANYWAY!!!

SHE WILL START EASILY AT -40 (WITHOUT BEING PLUGGED IN!!!),TRY THAT WITH YOUR POWERJOKES!!!

I'VE SEEN/DROVE SOME DODGES THAT WILL PULL 22-23 EMPTY WITH A TAIL WIND LIMPING AROUND AT 60 MPH!!!

ANYTHING ANY HIGHER THAN THAT I THINK PEOPLE ARE TRUSTING THEIR DIGITAL READOUTS!!!

CAN'T REMEMBER WHO IT WAS A WHILE BACK SWEARING UP & DOWN THEIR DODGE AUTOMATIC CUMMINS WAS GETTING 35 MPG BUT I'M GONNA CALL B.S. ON THAT ONE!!!

HARD TO BEAT A FORD OR A CHEVY TO A FUEL STATION WHEN PULLING!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

HEY stinky???

WHY IS SOMEBODY LIKE YOU STILL RUNNING THAT STOCK SMOG PIPE???

TEAR THAT TRASH OFF!!!

PUT A PROGRAMMER ON IT!!!

PUT A STRAIGHT PIPE ON IT!!!

AND NEVER WORRY ABOUT THAT POS OBAMA RE-BURNER AGAIN!!!

SHE CAN'T PLUG IF SHE AIN'T THERE!!!

LETS SEE SOME SMOKE stinky!!!

IF THAT RE-BURNER PLUGS OFF WHILE YOU'RE HUNTIN THIS FALL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BE RIDING IN,RIGHT???

NO NOT PUNKS FORD EITHER!!!

LMAO!!!

LMAO!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

HEY NVTHRT???

WHATS THE SECRET???

25 IS TRIPLE OF WHAT SOME OF THE NEW JOKERS ARE PULLING!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

LAST EDITED ON May-20-09 AT 07:03PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-20-09 AT 06:59?PM (MST)

>HEY NVTHRT???
>
>WHATS THE SECRET???
>
>25 IS TRIPLE OF WHAT SOME
>OF THE NEW JOKERS ARE
>PULLING!!!
>
>
>
>"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE
>WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU
>MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES
>THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU
>HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU
>FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS
>ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR
>OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA
>THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!
>
>
>
493c3bb236d04499.jpg

>
>REMEMBER!!!
>
>THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

I don't know what the secret is i have a 2007 that is the same truck but the smaller motor and i don't even drive the thing. It gets half of what the old girl gets. At 230k it is still as strong and the day that i got it. I was hauling some stuff with a guy this winter he had a 2009 king ranch f350 avg was 6 loaded. I could go from central nevada to caldwell and back without stopping for fuel but i have 30gallons under the toolbox. I should of bought two in 2000 because 6mpg is for the birds. I don't have a chip or a straitpipe on the 2007 yet.

>I get about 1 hunting trip
>on 3 F350 transmissions.

lol that hasnt happend to me been through a couple of cluches though. That could be part of it too i have never owned a automatic all of my trucks have been standerd transmissions.

>I get about 1 hunting trip
>on 3 F350 transmissions.

That is what happens when you try to save money rebuilding it with parts from a 1998 Cavalier you plick. :)

498a6f395e505405.jpg

WOW!!! My 02' Dodge Cummins quad cab 6 speed stick ATV rack two Polaris Sportmans 500 and a 25 foot Salem trailer has never got under 20 mpg. according to the calculator. BD power 5 stage chip, super chip, 75 horse downloader, 160 horse injectors, fass 150 fuel system, South bend 550 horse clutch, and 4 inch exhaust straight piped. Smokes like a freight train and gets 25 to 27 mpg empty on the highway.

(CUMMINS POWER)

outdoorwriter You didnt know what you had especially if that 98 was a common rail 12 valve. You could have had the best of both worlds mpg & pwr That truck was sold before you left the lot

20 OR BETTER PULLING???

25 TO 27 EMPTY???

YA,I WANT ONE LIKE THAT!!!

THAT DAMN THING IS ALMOST OBAMA APPROVED???

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

I have an '02 Ford diesel with 4" exhaust and AIS intake. Pulling....depends on the load....12-14 mpg. About 18 otherwise.

99 powerjoke crewcab with lift and 35's 18 empty 12 pulling.

04 dodge quad cab stock 18-19 empty 12-13 pulling.

07 duramax 17-18 empty 9-10 pulling.

Powerjoke too rough, too hard to start, and broke all the time.

Dodge, never had a thing go wrong with it, and it pulled like a mule. Very tinny and I think the paint was thicker than the metal on the body. Favorite truck though.

Dirtymax best ride, fastest truck, not a problem of any kind. Just wouldn't go off road and wouldn't pull my gooseneck up the mountain trail to my ranch. Dodge pulled it way better, with way more hay on it.

They're all too expensive. Too bad someone doesn't make a diesel that really gets some mileage. They all have more power than you can legally use. Why not build one with less power and more miles per gallon. I'd buy one of those waaaay before I'd buy another hog that gets less than those old 1970's gas guzzlers.

WELL!!!

I THINK deerbedead IS TELLING THE TRUTH!!!

BUT TINNY???

YOU CAN STACK ALL 3 BRANDS OF TIN FOIL IN ONE PILE & LETS SEE YOU PROVE A BIG THICKNESS OF METAL DIFFERENCE???

THEY ARE ALL THIN/LIGHTWEIGHT METAL!!!

I'VE RUN EVERY BRAND AND I'LL GIVE THE DODGE THE EDGE JUST BECAUSE THEY DO NOT RUST THROUGH AS BAD AS FORDS & CHEVYS!!!

HOW THEY COVER A NEW VEHICLE WITH A 1/2 PINT OF PAINT I'LL NEVER KNOW???

LOOK GOOD THE DAY YOU GET THEM BUT YOU CAN'T EVEN TOUCH THEM WITHOUT SCRATCHING THEM OR DINGING THEM,FRICKEN CLEARCOAT COVERING THE TIN FOIL!!!

TALKED TO A GUY YESTERDAY THAT HAS A NEW F-550 FORD,7 FRICKEN MPG & HE'S PISSED,SAYS SHE'S GEARED DOWN LIKE IT SHOULD BE & PULLS SUPER BUT 7 MPG???

GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

LAST EDITED ON May-22-09 AT 08:26AM (MST)[p]>Feddoc,
>
>Are you running the 7.3 or
>6.0? Your Mileage is
>what I
>thought I would get.

I have the 7.3. Not gonna get a new one for a long time. Six speed with 3.73 gears.

I have an '04 F-250 with the 6.0 and 105000 miles on it. Looks like a new truck and I drive it like I stole it. With a 21' bass boat going uphill to the lake I get 12.5 and the average in town not towing is 14.5. I have had zero problems but I have never put any mods on it either. If you read about the 6.0 problems most were from chips since the engine was maxxed out from the factory. I like it because I have it paid off and can drive it for another ten years unless Obama confiscates it.

he is telling the truth. i go elk hunting with him every year and we can do 75 all the way over I-70 to fish lake and yes it is chuggin coal all the way. its fun to watch people as you pass them in a truck thats loaded to the gills and there jaw drops to the floor and still get 20 mpg doing it. as for you other guys with 30 and 40 foot toy haulers, i dont feel bad for ya if yal can afford the trailer that big and the toys to fill them you should be able to fix your trucks so they can handle them and get more than 10 mpgs. weatherbys rule

I have a 2004.5 Cummins and I got 10.0 pulling a loaded 30 ft Ragen hardside toyhauler from Phoenix to Clints Well that has 2 nasty grades in the equation but is pulling uphill almost all of the way. Coming back w/o the toyhauler I got 19.50 MPG and that was driving 70-80mph all the way. If i kept my speed around 65 I would get a couple of miles more per gallon. My truck will pull the grades at 60+ if there's nobody in the way slowing me down. I've done a bit of work on her but for an automatic she runs great. I had a couple of Fords 7.3 and got good service with them until they changed that motor and I switched to Dodge and haven't looked back. I use a smarty jr and have improved the air and exhaust and have a larger turbo & 60 HP injectors on her and she'll flat out run and she stays cool. I usually just keep my tuner on level one because i know it'll slip the tranny if I give her more power. I'll rebuild my tranny probably next year and I'll get a little more out of her in power and economy then. If we had another gear or two the mileage would get better to. I have a friend that runs a splitter on his and gets 2-4 more mpg with a similar setup and those figures are hand calculated not off the overhead.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom