Your Favorite HandGun & Why?

B

B_BOP_A_LU_LU

LAST EDITED ON May-05-10 AT 05:52AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-05-10 AT 05:50?AM (MST)

Just wondering what your Favorite Hand Gun is & Why?
I like em all & I'm perty much a Wheel Gun kinda Guy.
Heres my Favorite.
Smith & Wesson 686 Plus Stainless with a 6" Barrel.
Why I like it:I can legally haul it around with 5 Live & She don't miss,Accurate right out of the box,and She doesn't Rust,and it is engraved,not just sandblasted or ever how they do that cheap so-called engraving on some of them now.
Downside to this Gun:She's kinda heavy for packin but that doesn't bother me,yet.
Post em up boys & girls,I find Hand Guns very interesting.
5872mod686p.jpg

sorry I can't post a picture of it however its so big that I need two hands to hold it and it doen't shoot blanks, also I can put an eye out with it if am not careful!
all a side I like my autos over my wheel guns...my fav is a 1st run COLT PHYTON .357 but I can't even fire it because of the collector thing!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

My .357 Ruger gp100 has served me well for personal protection and a backup when solo Archery bear hunting..... Before that I had a .357 Blackhawk...... Terry

Mine is Ruger single six .22 cal. with 4 5/8 in. barrel. Why I like it is because of the clicking sound from pulling the hammer back and the look of it. It reminds me of an old western movie especially with the quik draw holster and because it was inherited from my granddad. Sweet little shooter.

Wow SMACKDADDY!
I'd of never believed it to be true but the cute little Phat chick told me it was true.
So you just 'hold' your gun huh RACK?
You never shoot it?

>Mine is Ruger single six .22
>cal. with 4 5/8 in.
>barrel. Why I like it

+1 on that. Mine is the same as Deuce. This was the first handgun I shot as a kid and still enjoy shooting it. The gun belonged to my dad and was given to me a few years back. I have since let my son shoot it and he enjoys it as much if not more than I. One day it will be passed on to him..

Add another 686 to the mix.

It never jams, shoots 38's for fun and if loaded right, will stop anything around here. I have yet to see one malfunction....in the dirtiest, wettest conditions.

Model year 1957 Ruger Flat top Revolver in 44 Mag. Something about these older Revolvers just feels right. The fit and finish are quite nice.

Favorite? Hmm, that's a tough one.

Has to be my Glock 29. Nothing is as versatile in my opinion. It's 10mm, so it packs plenty of punch and follows me into bear country. It's a great size and isn't too bulky. With a simple barrel swap, it can shoot 40 or 357 sig. It's pretty dang accurate and perfectly reliable. Loaded with doubletap ammo, it's a force to be reckoned with.

Second place goes to my FN five-seven,
Third goes to the little sig 238.

photo1-1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-05-10 AT 08:28AM (MST)[p]This one. It was the first handgun my wife bought for me.

100_0962.jpg

This I got from the guys at work when I retired.

ASTC.jpg

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Snub nosed 38 for the wife because there is no safety, just pull the trigger until it quits.

22 single 6 with rat shot for snakes

Would like to swindle from my dad his Springfield 1911

H&R 9 shot .22 with a 7 3/4 barrel

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON May-05-10 AT 01:21PM (MST)[p]Mine would be a Colt 1991A1 in .45acp. Why? Because it is what I have. I'm one of those who believe in making bigger holes, and the .45 does just that. Mine is just like the one in 1911's post above.

G17

001-3-1.jpg

My favorite revolver would be a Ruger Bisly in 45 Colt..but this one is a close second, and I have a pic handy...Dan Wesson 357

021-1.jpg

Nice sampling so for. Though I am beginning to think that handguns should probably be banned. Most of them are nothing bu cut down versions of "black rifles" - like the one pictured above. I agree with Zumbo - they have no real place in the hunting world.

?Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by the sense of touch, because everyone can see, but only a few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are, and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion.? Niccolo Machiavelli

My Fav is a High Standard 22lr target pistol. I really like it because it is VERY accurate!! I've shot many squirrels out to around 100 yds with it and if i don't hit them, i'll usually come pretty darn close!

Last i had it out, there was a nice group of guys at the range. There was a bowling pin set up on a post at the 100yd mark. I could hardly see it but knocked it over on the first shot. That shot raised some eyebrows among the guys there but had to give the gun the credit. It's a shooter!!

Joey

Colt revolvers. I've got several. The one I shoot the most is a Peacemaker .22; cheap ammo.

Suppose I'm proudest of the nickel-plated Python....or the nickel-plated SAA. I'll go with the Python. Balanced beatifully, shoots well and looks GREAT.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

I'm feeling a little bitchy today Homo so I'll take your bait. Where in this thread did it say "hunting" handgun? I realize that it's your nature to let sarcasm escape you but I'll help you out here. By at least one definition a handgun is a gun that can be used with one hand. Note the folding stock and fore end grip on my "black rifle". It is not a handgun and therefore it is safe to assume I was being sarcastic.

hand?gun (hndgn)
n.
A firearm that can be used with one hand.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/handgun

Thanks,I feel better.

Dan Wesson 44 Magnum.

The Smith & Wesson 686 is sort of the girly man version of the Dan Wesson.

4135dw44pa4.jpg

>
6916coltanaconda1-1.jpg

>

I have one just like this. First gun I bought when I was legal enough to. Its probably my favorite pistol but my Buckmark gets shot the most.

I just bought this one for 440fudgepacks birthday....think he'll like it??

7422pistol.jpg

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-05-10 AT 09:00PM (MST)[p] I PACK A .357 SMITH & WESSON (LOUDER THAT HELL) BUT I SHOOT IT WELL. ALSO A POLICE ISSUED .38 SPECIAL OF YESTER DECADE THAT HAS A TON OF SERVICE HISTORY, & A ARMY ISSUE 9MM THAT IS A SWEET SHOOTIN PISTOL. THEY WERE ALL HANDED DOWN BY RELATIVES, IF I WAS TO BUY A HANDGUN......IT WOULD TAKE SOME HOMEWORK TO FIGURE IT OUT......................YD. (HANDGUNS MAKE US ALL ABOUT THE SAME SIZE/ AS WILLIE NELSON ONCE SAID).

I have several handguns but the one I shoot the most is a T/C Encore with a 16" barrel chambered in 6.8 Rem SPC. I have a custom laminated grip and fore end on it from Ol' Georgia Jim and a 2-7x32mm Burris scope on it. It has lots of aftermarket parts in it from Mike Bellm, the trigger is 1 lb. I'll try to post a pic later.

God made man...Sam Colt made them equal...

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I am also a wheel gun type of guy and my favorite was my dad's
Smith & Wesson 6" K22 Masterpiece. He had it for as long as I can remember and one day it will be passed down to my grandson.
I have always enjoyed shooting it and on occasion I have been known to actually hit what I was shooting at... not often but once in a while I get lucky.

k22one.jpg

I love my S & W model 41. It is relaible, shoots like a dream and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg in ammo.

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, then why did He make them out of meat?"
~Ted Nugent

Glock model 29 10mm. powerful enough to stop a bear or a crazed meth head.

Here is the gun I carry. Small and compact. My favorite is a Sigma 40 cal. Or an XD compact .40 Not much of a handgun guy but got to have a carry gun right?

1434smith_and_wesson.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-06-10 AT 10:39PM (MST)[p]My favorite sidearm is which ever one I am carry when a opportunity or situation presents its self..

B bop, I have a 686 identical to yours except it's a 6 shooter..And yes they are fine great shooting guns but my Glock 27 packs a lot easier...lol

I think I have the most fun with this one..

P3094098.jpg

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

My Colt Python and my competition S&W .38. I shot competitveley for several years (30 years ago) with both. I spent countless hours polishing the inner workings with a krokus cloth. Both have trigger pulls of only a few ounces. They are nothing fancy and just about worn out but are still a lot of fun to shoot.
5264dscn0197.jpg

Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Come on Lil Red,
They don't make a 1911 Revolver!
Wait a minute,yes they do,When 1911 starts in on the AMF's,he seems to revolve for another AMF!

LAST EDITED ON May-07-10 AT 07:57AM (MST)[p]>I am also a wheel gun
>type of guy and my
>favorite was my dad's
>Smith & Wesson 6" K22 Masterpiece.
>He had it for as
>long as I can remember
>and one day it will
>be passed down to my
>grandson.
>I have always enjoyed shooting it
>and on occasion I have
>been known to actually hit
>what I was shooting at...
>not often but once in
>a while I get lucky.
>
>
>
k22one.jpg

Model 70, I have my Dad's K22 also and love it. I also have one I bought from a long time family friend after her husband passed away. She sold it to me so cheap it's embarassing. I tried to pay her more but I think she just wanted someone she knew to have it. I will never part with these two guns until I pass them to my sons one day.

In going through my Dads files recently I found his original paperwork for the gun. Can't recall what he paid for it but it wasn't much by todays standards. I know he told me he saved a long time for it.

I have to say 1911 keeps 45 happy:)

But I am more of a revolver gal, When I took my CC class I used 45s 1911, but I didnt feel comfortable with it so he got me a 357.

All but 1 of the guns I have are revolvers ( cute ones though)LOL

I have a couple of .22's, a .45 ACP, and a .44 mag. The .44 mag is my favorite, Ruger New Model Blackhawk. I love the ole cowboy shooters. My dad had one of the original Blackhawk flattops , I bought a Super Blackhawk, you know , the one with all the safety upgrades, sold it to my nephew, who bought a Bisley for the same price of the Super Blackhawk and bought my new Model Blackhawk. My brother-in-law has a Vaquero, and that is pretty fun to shoot also. I wish they made the Vaquero in .44 mag cause I would have bought one of those. My .45 ACP is a Baby Eagle. Very fun to shoot and easier to conceal.
One of my .22's is a Ruger MK II, a friend needed money and I like the way it resembles the German Luger. My other .22 is a S&W model 17-3. Same friend needed more money. BTW he has an A-bolt .300 Win Mag that he wants to convert to money as well. Don't know why, but I got a thing for Ruger pistoly's.

I have a few hanguns to my name as well, but my alltime favorite is my Colt King Cobra 357 magnum.
That thing is just the finest arm i have ever felt in my hands, not to mention a blast to shoot.

My next hangun will be a Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Casull.
Now THATS a fun gun!!

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom