Your BEST spot...

muleyman

Very Active Member
I'm looking for a new hunting area. Can I get some places you guys go so I can come and take over your area??? Then if its good invite all my buddies to come the next year! (archery)

I mentioned ONE area I hunted seven yrs ago and low and behold 2 Californian's we ran into the next season said "we heard on some muley website (MM) that this is a great place to hunt"! That would be the last time...

So can you give me your area info? Maybe a hint? I would really appreciate it!!! ;) LOL

muleyman

ah yea, the old "i read it on monster muley's" bit. sorry but when it comes to "real" info it's in a p.m. or it aint really that great of a spot.

yah, i showed a friend a spot once, caught him and another guy hunting it with out me....Pist!

This year I took a "friend" hunting with me with the rule that he can never hunt there without me being with him, since he would have no clue about the spot if it wasn't for me. well he told me the other day that him and his friend missed a bull in there a few days after I called in his bull for me. He sees nothing wrong with what he did. I quote "it doesn't matter, it is public land"

I will never ever take anyone to my spots ever again. some people have no respect.

"Life's tough... It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

I took a guy from work to some private property I have permission to hunt a couple years ago. I told him that I had permission, not him but if he hunted with me then it was OK. He decided to hunt the land with out me and he got busted and charged with trespassing.LOL

Muleyman!
Sounds like you haven't really learned that much, by the way you've spouted the names of the places you've been hunting all year long! They may not be Your BEST spots, but there are plenty of locals in these places that do consider it Their BEST spot, and you're advertising it to the whole da~n country! Those locals aren't real happy with your public announcement address either. By your account, the sun rises and sets on your arse wherever you're hunting, always plenty deer, elk, whatever! and you're the first to run home and write it on line. The best real hunters have great stories to tell, but are tight lipped about the location, if for no other reason than a little respect for their friend, as it may be Their Best spot too.

STIKFLIKER, a local!

OTC type areas need to kept quiet. I've helped many in units I've hunted in the past that require years to draw. The odds of me drawing again AND having the info I provided hurt me is remote. I've been given quality info in these type of areas also.

In areas I can draw every year or every other I keep to myself. Just my opinion.

All my "spots" these past two yrs have been on private property, except this years elk hunt. I said Imnaha is where we elk hunted and did I say where in this unit we hunted????? And as far as responding to area's that I think are good hunting...do you think I would tell the truth now after seeing this? Stickfliker if your a local, which area you claiming to be from?

muleyman

Muleyman you talk about the high country and all the big bulls you watch in the Imnaha unit, and how there is a ton of deer, which there is not! I don't know if you write these things to make yourself look like your a hardcore hunter or what? Oh yeah, I'm a local too!

how much "high country" is in this unit? If you know this unit, there is TONS. and about the deer, you must need glasses!

muleyman

Damer...your the guy from Oregon city right? Funny how you PM me being really nice...then this! Thanks...

muleyman

Muleyman sent you a PM.

I wouldn't call it hating at all! Its just disagreeing like everyother forum on here.

well local yocals, I'm from medford, I suppose cause I hunted up there near Johnday this year, archery, that I'm not welcome ?...

The truth is that if it wasn't for the out of town hunters coming over here to these small towns, the small towns probably would not exist. I'm from the westside and now live on the eastside of the state. We are all Oregonians so what does it matter where you live and where you hunt! All the litter and shot up signs in the woods is from the good ole boy locals who think they own it all because they live over there.

>>Got some haters here 'eh.....
>
>It's going to get worse as
>our traditional spots continue to
>get crowded.

good point, thats why I apply in other states that I know hold good #'s of animals...

everywhere i went this year, I was never alone...

From what I have seen the past 2 summers working for ODFW over in NE Oregon is this. Not as many as in the past, but lots of deer and elk all over the place before people head over there to scout and set up camp for hunting seasons. Then it is like a light switch just turned off and the elk and deer disappear. I say scout those areas over there in early July and you will see more deer and elk than what you ever thought was there compared to during hunting season. This may only pertain to us westside hunters.

Back
Top Bottom