You never know

Saw that happen driving through Atlanta. Came off an 18 wheeler and it was on fire. Hit a concrete barrier and launched 100ft+ in the air, hit between cars on the opposite lane and bounced again off the side of the interstate. How it did not hit a car, God only knows.

I was traveling through CO in the 80s on I-25. I watched a huge roll of wire/cable come off a flatbed and smash a medium sized car. The dude walked away from it, but only by a matter of inches.

Had a similar thing actually happen to me, while driving my Austin Healy 3000 down at the NJ shore during high school. It had the wire wheels with knock-off hubs, and when I made a panic stop in traffic the splines stripped on the hub and unscrewed the cap on the hub. The wheel went down the highway about 30 mph, with people dodging like crazy. Rolled about 200 yards, before crashing into a building!!! The disc brake rotor cut a trough in the asphalt before I got the car stopped. Scared the crap out of me!!!

Cool video. Super dangerous deal right there!

I watched a trailer carrying 2 dirt bikes come off a truck on I-15 and the trailer stayed upright and dang thing took the next exit. I was terrified for all the people in cars at the intersection at the bottom of the off ramp but it finally swerved off between the freeway and off ramp and flipped over demolishing the motorcycles but no one got hurt.

Crazy stuff guys (all the above posts).

Zeke

We were coming home from camping when a railroad tie about 4-5 feet long came off a flatbed trailer pulled by a pickup. It hit tge ground and launched towards our window. At the last second it veered off to the median like it had been batted away by the hand of God. We were shaken up but very grateful we avoided that projectile.

I like the way the neighbor comes out to look. He's thinking WTF????

I need to get out more. I never see anything like that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom