RELH

Long Time Member
A young Texan grew up
wanting to be a lawman.

He grew up big, 6' 2", strong as a longhorn, and
fast as a mustang. He could shoot a bottle cap tossed in the
air at 40 paces.

When he finally came of age, he applied to where he had only
dreamed of working: the West Texas Sheriff's Department.

After a series of tests and interviews, the Chief Deputy
finally called him into his office for the young man's last interview.

The Chief Deputy said, "You're a big strong kid and
you can really shoot. So far your qualifications all look good,

but we have, what you might call an "Attitude Suitability Test"

that you must take before you can be accepted.

We just don't let anyone carry our badge, son."

Then, sliding a service pistol and a box of ammo across the
desk, the Chief said "Take this pistol and go out and shoot:
six illegal aliens, six lawyers, six meth dealers, six Muslim extremists,

six Democrats and one rabbit."

"Why the rabbit?" queried the applicant.
"Good answer, you pass" said the Chief Deputy.
?When can you start?"

I thought Roy would enjoy this joke. My very conservative female cousin in Nevada sent this one to me.

That just about sums it up! Especially for West Texas, don't know if that would fly here in Austin, but out there, yeah, there are some cops who have no qualms with any of that!

I actually live in the strictest county on crime in the state. We are just north of Williamson/Travis County line and Travis County, where Austin is located, is known for lenient laws, judges, and sentences. Williamson County, where I live, is however much tougher than that and is known for its harsher laws, sentences, and judges. Subsequently, there is a great difference in the crime rates between the two counties also. Williamson is consistently one of the safest counties in the nation.

Williamson County is pretty much 90% Republican too. Travis County is about 60% Democrat. Go figure.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-15 AT 01:01PM (MST)[p]Other side of the county - Round Rock. My kids go to Cedar Ridge High. Liberty Hill is a nice area - you will love it there.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Hey Roy,
It must be a really small world! I live in Brushy Creek, Williamson County, Tx.... This area is getting way too populated for my taste. Retirement is only a few years away. Sure hope I can talk the wifey to moving somewhere less populated. Say... British Columbia???

I do love Texas my mothers mothers family came to Texas before Texas's independence. The family reunions are held in a town outside of Longview. Oddly enough the towns name is Overton.

2311idiot.jpg

The only time i ever been to Texas was to play Texas Tech in Football. Not near enough BLM and National Forest land to hunt for my tastes but to each his own.

RELH, +1, good one, nothing joking about women in there so we might be safe. ;-)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom