YES!!!! REGION G!!!!!

B

BUGLEMN

I FINALLY DREW REGION G AFTER 6 YEARS OF PUTTIN IN!!! VERY EXCITED AND WILL TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES SO I CAN POST THEM.

BUGLEMN

I just found out my brother-in-law and I drew region G Deer tags as a group with 0 points. It was kind of an oh ##### momenet as I was planning to get me money back.

Anyone have any advice for region G.

Amen about climbing high. I have my brother in-law that lives just outside of Smoot. So I've been scouting a bunch with him, but now it's my turn with a gun. It should be a good time. I'm really trying to kill a 175" buck is the goal. I have seen alot that are better when scouting. So we'll see how it goes. Just REALLY EXCITED TO HUNT UP THERE FINALLY.

BUGLEMN

Incredible country! My favorite stuff to scout and hunt. Regardless whether you get your buck or not, you'll love the adventure. Fun country to be in. Just makes you feel good. Good luck!!!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

>Incredible country! My favorite stuff to
>scout and hunt. Regardless whether
>you get your buck or
>not, you'll love the adventure.
>Fun country to be in.
>Just makes you feel good.
>Good luck!!!
>
>Brian Latturner
>MonsterMuleys.com

Thanks founder. I know about the beautiful country. If I could find a job up there needless to say I would be gone from Utah. Did you ever hunt the south end by chance? Nothing like doing Bonzi scouting trips on the weekends. I will try and post some pictures as well from some scouting trips.

BUGLEMN

LAST EDITED ON Jul-02-10 AT 10:59AM (MST)[p]
The way Wyoming does their draw, can a Region G tag be drawn as a 2nd choice?

I know prior to bonus points odds were around 30%. After checking out the draw odds I have to assume if you pay the extra fee for the special draw you can draw with no points. But can you do that as a 2nd choice? Would you lose your points?

In theory, you can draw tags on the second choice in WY and maintain your preference points. This is only possible if the unit is undersubscribed by first choice applicants.

A quick check of the draw odds for region G this year shows it was not undersubscribed, and even in the special draw required some preference points to draw.

There were no second choice applications drawn in Region G in 2010.

Bill

Good luck. I hunted there last year (might again this year since I'm a WY resident). Opening week is a circus. 4-wheelers from ID & UT zipping everywhere. Please be mindful (and respectful) that there are archery elk hunters in there too. Though the country and animals are great, the experience REALLY made me hate 4-wheelers and most of the guys driving them. Backpack in to some of those great basins and you'll have the time of your life.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom