Yellowstone

kawboy

Very Active Member
Planning a trip in a couple weeks, have not been for years. Don't want to stay in the park. I was thinking head in from ashton idaho, then across to cody wy. The main thing I want to see is deer or elk, doubt we will see any because of wolves, thanks liberals. Anyways, How hard is it to find hotels? Any recomendations are appreciated, cool places to see or anything. It will be my wife, 9 month old baby and I.

Thanks

That John Denver is full of $#!t man

One of my best buddies in the world has a place about 23 miles from the east entrance called Trailshop. Its right between Cody and the park. Very nice little motel and restuarant right on the river.

Check reservations around Cody. Book now!

As far as the deer and elk comment...I live right outside the park and see them every day(in and out), so don't worry...the wolves haven't killed them off.

I went to Jellystone 6-10 thru the 14th. Had alot of fun, but very dissapointed in the amount of elk that we saw. Only saw 3 big bulls and about 40 cows. I was there about 4-5 years ago and the amount of bulls that we saw were unreal.

I remeber seeing alot of elk in the Mammoth area right in the picnic area and pretty much all around the little town. This trip did not see one elk in Mammoth... ALso we use to see a ton of elk in Hayden Meadow, but only saw a couple there this year. I spent one evening on a high vantage point looking at alot of country through some glass and only saw one small herd of cows.

ON the bright side we ended up seeing 13 bears, 1 Grizzly with 4 cubs a few chocolate colored black bears and the rest the normal black bear.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom