YELLOW LIGHTS! VINDICATED BY GEPHARDT!

Roy

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-13 AT 12:31PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-13 AT 12:27?PM (MST)

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27525069&nid=148

They don't have the "touchdown rule" here in Texas, and their radar turns the light to yellow instead of keeping it on green!

So I have to tell you. About a month and a half ago I was heading toward an intersection with a Red Light Cam on it - saw it was yellow and didn't want that $75 ticket again - I easily could have made it through without an incident but wanting to be the law abiding citizen I am and let the State make the judgment call for me, I surrendered my thinking to them and locked up the brakes! Problem was, the kid changing lanes into my lane behind me didn't! So yeah - BAM!! He runs in to the back of my Kia! He actually managed to clip the side and no real major damage was done, but there were some consequences!

First - he didn't have his insurance card with him and he had to call his wife to bring it to him. Good thing he did because the cops ran his license, saw he was driving on a suspended license and took his keys and impounded his vehicle! They even patted him down and searched him and made him show them his tatoos (must have had previous arrest/gang affiliation or something). Poor kid was just on his way to work, had a wife and kids to feed and probably lost a weeks worth of wages in the deal too. Yeah sure he was wrong for not having his license and insurance but save the santcimony for another day because it sure made me feel like crap to have him go through all of that because I simply didn't want to pay a damn $75 ticket.

Second - I took my car in to the body shop and his insurance company paid for the repairs and a rental car but would only pay $25/day for the rental. See if you can find a car to rent for $25/day!! Can't do it! As close as I could get was $33. So for the 9 the car was in the shop and I had the rental car, guess what I had to pay over the top of what they cover?? $72 dollars!

So I only saved myself $3??

And for what?? It cost me 10 times that much in stress and hassle.

RIDICULOUS!!

Next time, I am running the light and throwing the ticket in the freaking trash. They can't come after you criminally for it and it can't be held against your credit.

GET 'EM GEPHARDT!!

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27525069&nid=148

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I shouldn't laugh but that is pretty comical.

A few years ago I was driving home from work and was on a 4 lane road (two lanes in each direction). I was in the right lane with no one in front of me.

In the left lane was a car with a young woman driving, and right behind her was a loaded logging truck. The logging truck was right on top of her because she was driving too slow in the fast lane.

We approach an intersection with traffic lights and it turns yellow. The car steps on the gas to beat the light, and so does the logging truck. Then....the gal in the car decides she better stop instead! Well, I could tell for sure that the loaded logging truck can't stop that fast. This is going to get real ugly.

Instinctively I hit the brakes hard and pulled over to the right. It's a good thing I did because the logging truck decided it was either kill the gal or switch lanes and kill me. He switches lanes but I had already bailed out. That log truck driver owes me.:) By that time he had run the red light too. No cameras around either.

Roy, I hope you find closure with this red light camera thing. Either that or you seek professional help so you can come to terms with your obviously deep seated anger issues that manifests into hatred for me and my superior hunting prowess.

Eel

That F'N Kia is gonna get you Hurt one of these days Roy!

And JUDAS!

TEXAS Ain't the Basin where all you gotta do is beat the nearest Drivers to the Stop Signs!

There's a Difference Roy!

We have Stop Signs!

TEXAS is Bigger & Badder,they've got Stop Lights!:D

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

Roy, are there days in your life that you feel you can not win for losing. If there is, join the crowd, we all have been there a time or two. Also don't screw with those Texans, they wear a big belt buckle for a reason.

RELH

I had my insurance company try that $xx/day crap on me so I called my lawyer. They were required by law to rent me a comparable vehicle, which happened to be a 4x4.

The moral of this story; Don't drive a KIA!"

"If you get upset or offended by ANY website forum
post.....especially mine, you need serious
intervention!"

You will all be laughing when I drive back to Texas from my LE ELk hunt next year with a big ol' stinky bull strapped to the top of my little blue Rio!!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

LAST EDITED ON Nov-07-13 AT 04:37PM (MST)[p]Your little Blue Rio wouldn't be a happy car. LOL
Those Rio aren't they call Struggle Buggy's or something like that.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

My son calls it a "clown car" and says that I am way too big of a man to drive a vehicle that small. Guess its his way of telling me I need to shed a few pounds! LOL

HOOK 'EM!

Even though it's a better Car Roy!

Don't resort to a LEZbaRU!

Judge finds out you Own a LEZBARU your Ass won't be getting outa any more Tickets!

But JUDAS?

A KIA?

Thought JENNY Taught you better?:D

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

....maybe you can get the mexican-portagee institute to reimburse you.....then write it off????

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

Good idea JB! I could register the Kia under the "Institute" as a non-profit organization with many different employees and volunteers - then when I do get a ticket in the mail I will just make them prove who the driver was! Since they can't prove that and can't ticket a non-profit, bam! No tickets!

JK - the "Institute" is just a facebook page. LOL

HOOK 'EM!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom