Yea, I am sure it is sick

mntman

Long Time Member
Another blatant wildlife harassment violation. Why won't the DOW for where these moose harassment situations taking place don't press charges against these a-holes?
One of the last comments from reporter say that the snowmobilers think the moose was sick??? WTF, I'd get pissed too and attack if being chased by snowmobiles for who knows how far down a trail.
Too bad the moose didn't tear the crap out of those sleds.

http://www.weather.com/video/moose-charges-at-snowmobilers-47385?collid=/news/top-stories
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I don't see any reference to how long they had trailed the moose. Don't be too hasty jumping to a conclusion that they are harassing wildlife. Moose can be very unpredictable. I always give moose a wide berth when I encounter them.

Often, they are not spooked by humans and stand their ground. I've had plenty of encounters. They make me plenty nervous. Don't mess with moose.

I like the way this couple resolved the situation.

I definitely understand what you are saying but in the video they were clearly chasing the moose on their sleds. Doesn't matter how far of a distance, it is harassment of wildlife.

In this sort of situation, just stop and wait, the animal will move off with you sitting there. Yes it may take 30 minutes or more but hey, you are in their home, give them some respect and move off on their own...

Mntman

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-14 AT 01:40PM (MST)[p]I guess you have never bump a critter of of a trail, out of its bed or scurried a rabbit off the road? If so then you have harassed wildlife.

Wildlife disruption happens and amazingly most animals survive the encounters. I certainly don't condone blatant harassment but I imagine that same scenario happens 100's of times every year with snowmobiles and a few end up with a critter holding its ground instead of stepping off the trail.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

PETA thinks wildlife is harassed anytime you blow a hole through their vitals....tag or not.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-14
>AT 01:40?PM (MST)

>
>I guess you have never bump
>a critter of of a
>trail, out of its bed
>or scurried a rabbit off
>the road? If so
>then you have harassed wildlife.
>
>
> Wildlife disruption happens and amazingly
>most animals survive the encounters.
> I certainly don't condone
>blatant harassment but I imagine
>that same scenario happens 100's
>of times every year with
>snowmobiles and a few end
>up with a critter holding
>its ground instead of stepping
>off the trail.
>
>alpinebowman
>
>>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

I love snowmobiling, grew up doing it and still do it. I have encountered moose, deer, wolves, coyotes and countless other animals on the trail. I always stop and let them go on their way though, I don't even go past till they are a ways off the trail due to not wanting them to run. However, these people were clearly chasing the moose, it would not respond that way after a mere 3-5 seconds of running down the trail as they have portrayed the video. I have been around moose my whole life and know their potential dangerous behavior, not arguing that.

And as far as comparing this too jumping an animal out of its bed or a rabbit off the trail is crazy. If you follow that animal for extended periods (not hunting) and repeatedly jump it for no reason other than to F**K with it then yeah that is harassment.
These people should be fined!

Mntman

At least they didn't shoot it like the snowmobiler in Colo a few years back. That guy handled that totally wrong.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom