Yankee's suck!

sageadvice

Long Time Member
I have an old pard that's in heaven now that just loved those Damn Yankee's so their win in this World Series is at least making him happy. Me? Not so much. Not only are they East Coast and are a team that is made up of highly paid crybaby all-stars, they think their $hit don't stink.

Any Yankee fans out there?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-09 AT 06:20AM (MST)[p] THE SKANKS ARE A NON PLAYOFF TEAM IN 2008.....SPEND A RECORD SHATTERING $$$ 1.1 BILLION DOLLARS ON 4 PLAYERS TO BUY A CHAMPIONSHIP. HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW....EMPTY FEELING... HUH !!!!

KINDA LIKE THAT STUFFED ANIMAL AT THE FAIR.....YOU THOUGHT YOU WON IT FOR YOUR GIRL FRIEND...BUT IT ACTUALLY COST YOU $22 BUCKS TO WIN IT.........NO...YOU BOUGHT IT.

They acutally spent 8 million less than last year, makes me feel kind of warm and fuzzy inside, how about you?

All the Yankee haters make me laugh, do you think the Yankees are losing money by signing these big dollar players? Hell no! They probably made more last night by winning the world series than your team will make in the next 10 years! Take a wild guess what they will do with all that money??? That's right, INVEST it in the team and not just shove it into the owners pocket which will help them win number 28! Yankee stadium is 80% sold out EVERY game, is your stadium? If it is, where is the money going, obviously not into the team.

Congrats Yankees......money well spent!

Rut

Hey YD you always say that the Yankees were a non playoff team in 2008. The only thing I am wondering is you never mention the team you like. Which probably has never won a playoff series. Oh and by the way they have made the playoffs 13 times in 14 years. I don't think any other team in baseball can say that. GO YANKS!!!! Oh and another thing that was #27 and the only other team close to them has 10. No comparison!!

RUT......IF THAT WERE TRUE....HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE "9 YEAR BLACK HOLE OF NOT WINNING THE WORLD SERIES" ???? BTW....THE WHOLE WORLD HATES THE YANKMES........YD.

CRC......THE BANKIES HAVE ALWAYS SPENT ALOT OF $$$$$ THATS WHY THEY HAVE A BUNCH OF CHAMPIONSHIPS.

HOW ARE YOU BANKIE FANS ENJOYING YOUR FAIR BOUGHT STUFFED ANIMAL.... KINDA TAKES THE FUN OUT OF IT....DONT IT...LOL....YD.

>
> RUT......IF THAT WERE
>TRUE....HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE
>"9 YEAR BLACK HOLE OF
>NOT WINNING THE WORLD SERIES"
> ???? BTW....THE
>WHOLE WORLD HATES THE YANKMES........YD.
>

Do all of your investments payoff the first year you make them?

Everyone hates a winner (well not really everyone, just the jealous people who will never achieve at that level).

Rut

Let the Yankees win one with the salary or the Royals, Cardinals or any other small market team and I will be impressed. Until then, enjoy your overpriced championship and your high dollar ticket prices.
They are kind of like the Mossback of baseball. Yeah they get it done, but at what cost? Do you get more enjoyment out of earning it or just paying for it?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-09 AT 08:51AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-09 AT 08:48?AM (MST)

Looks like the Phillies bought the first loser trophy. :)

The business of baseball started about the time Curt Flood did his lawsuit in 1969 and really went downhill in 74 or 75 when players and their lawyer agents got involved. It quit being the sport I grew up playing and watching. The Yankees are no different in philosphy than any other business ..... Red Sox, Angels, Rockies, FED EX, Ford...doesn't matter. They all spend money to make their product better.

Yup, the Yankees bought this championship, no argument there.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

MY TEAM....I LIKE A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT TEAMS....I'M PARTIAL TO THE SF GIANTS....NOT AN AVID FAN THOUGH.

MAKE NO MISTAKE BOYS.... THE BANKIES ARE " THE CANCER OF BASEBALL".....A SALRY CAP WILL PUT THE BANKIES RIGHT OUT OF BUSINESS..... $$$$ 1.1 B I L L I O N ..ON 4 PLAYERS....YD.

They may suck, they may have a high payroll but they are World Champions, at least for one more year.

And I would venture to say that their great tradition of winning has more to do with winning than their payroll and expenses. Here are some reasons why they pay so much.

#1 - They can. Steinbrenner is willing to pay the money because he gets it back not just from the NY market but from the whole nation. How many sporting good stores can you walk in today in your area and buy a Yankees ball cap? YEP - ALL of them. Now, find a Brewers or Twins cap in that same store. Not so easy huh.

#2- The city expects it. NYC is a pressure cooker and if the Yankess don't put forth a viable product, it is just simply not acceptable. How many times have they ever finished in last place? Steinbrenner has to win to keep control of the team.

#3- They are the Yankees. The big boys - THE team. They win a lot of games just because they wear the pinstripes. They get favorable calls, they intimidate other teams and reap the benefits.

So I think that even if they didn't spend what they did on payroll they would still win to some extent. They are who they are due to a great tradition and that great tradition will compel them to continue and provide the means for them to do so.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I love the Yankees!
Capitalism at it's finest!
"they just bought the championship" something wrong with that?
I thought it was Professional Baseball.

Well the Yanks definitely don't suck...but it sure would make my life as a baseball fan and specifically a Red Sox fan a lot easier if they did.

Ever since the All-Star break they've been rolling, looked like World Series champs all the way, as they normally do. They finished it off this year.

All that being said, I can't stand watching those douchebags celebrate on the field...doesn't even look like they have any passion. A bunch of baseball playing robots who play the game very well.

Come on Boston in '10.

Ya, It's real hard to say your a Yankees fan. Most Yankee fans are frontrunners, just like Laker fans, Jimmy Johnson fans. Most probable can't even tell you who the manager is, let alone what year was there last title.
Congrats to the Yuckees for buying another championship.

I wasn't but I am now......

4af85f1d1082400f.jpg

even the bankie fans i have talked to know the world series was bought & paid for........they wont even argue the point........yd.

All teams "buy" their players. For someone to say that the "Yankees buy their players" or the "Yankees bought their championship" as apposed to what other teams do is ignorant. I own a business and as the business makes more I can pay my employees more. Makes sense to me and I am sure if you asked my employees who have been with me 9 or 10 yrs, they certainly hope I conintinue to make more money.

7U....YOUR WRONG.....THE VAST MAJORITY OF PLAYER SHUFFLES ARE 2,3, & 4 WAY TRADES. NOT ALOT OF TEAMS WILL TRADE WITH THE BANKIES.....THUS THEY "BUY" THEIR PLAYERS. NAME THE LAST STRAIGHT UP TRADE THE YANKS WHERE INVOLVED IN.....IT WILL BE DIFFICULT........ & HOW MANY YEARS AGO ARE WE TALKING......YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom