Yakima River fishing

W

WAmuleyHunter

hey guys, stuck here at ellensburg with out my boat so i have been fishing the ponds around here and the river. Caught a lot of little ones today in the river but did end up in our group with 3 over 18 inches. one was over 20. it was unreal. Lost a whole bunch. those barbless hooks are a pain.

Garrett

The Yakima is supposed to be one of the best trout rivers in the west. Every summer we would get a ton of folks together and float the Yakima from Cle Elum. We always caught some beautiful fish. What a blast! Except for the raging sun burns, yeeeoww!
Eric

The Yakima river was my back yard growing up.(Selah) Landed and lost some really nice fish on that river. I really miss those sunburns from floating the canyon. Look out for the rattlesnakes when fishing from the bank though. I have almost stepped on several big SOBs. Talk about getting the blood flowing!

Ya i have only fished it about 5 times now, and that has been 5 days in a row and i am going to go this afternoon. i am hooked. i am fishing from the bank. But i hear farther up towards Cle Elum is pretty good. I am fishing with spinners right now cause all my fly stuff is back home. I am really getting tired of those little tiny single barbless hooks. i have never lost so many fish in my life. HaHa but its amazing. Gorgeous fish. And Cascade i saw one of those big boys last night and i am pretty sure the smell wasnt the mud on my boots.

Garrett

I just stumbed onto this post, I've been planning a trip to yak on the 15th of July to visit some famdamily, with all the barbless regs and all is it still worth buying a fishing license..?..I craving a trout dinner and by the way I do want to know where your honey hole is...LOL...

dam! guys i was only kiddin about your honey holes, you didn't have to get quite on my behalf....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom