Xmas Parties - Good and Bad

Feleno

Long Time Member
I've been to several over the years, some memorable, some not. Back in 1998 I was working for the company I'm employed at now. We had 16 employees. Business was great, company growing. Owner is a big time gambler and sprung for an all expenses paid 3 day trip for employee and spouse or friend to Vegas at the MGM, including airfare and $100 each spending cash. Fast forward to 2010. We have 85 employees, business is fair but hurt by the economy. Party was held in the back corner of a crappy bar, he didn't even rent the back room. He bought the first round of drinks for everyone and that was it. Boy how times change. Thankful to still have a job though.

Lets hear some other xmas party experiences.

F-er, I used to sell them vaccuums door to door for Kirby...bossman flew around 50 us to his bosses house for a big catered dinner in Reno :) We stayed in a hotel on top of a strip club :) :) He opened his c.c. up for all of us, drinks and dances :) :) :) That was the best xmas party I've experienced!!

Times change for sure, your party this year will be better than mine this year...

~Z~

I have some really nice copier images from one office party I went to. That one was pretty fun. I got the copies, friend of mine got the divorce, another friend got a B movie car chase as he fled the state. Ah how I long for the good old days. Good times.

Back when booze was even allowed in the building. We closed the doors and had a staff christmas party. The most remarkable detail was when it was time to leave it took a while to find the "cute little red-headed secretary". She was finally located passed out under the bosses desk. After a panic filled discussion we sent the most "moral and pious" asst-manager to make sure she got home safely. Being as her husband was a BIG and MEAN heavy equipment operator, Denny leaned her against the front door then kicked the door and ran. :)

Our Christmas partys usually start out quiet and uncomfortable. They say no alcohol but it doesn't stick. Its only awkward until a few guys get buzzed and start passing it around under the table. After the gift exchange thing the people that don't drink leave and karaoke starts. Its hilarious to see the guys I work with drunk, on stage singing I'm a little teapot. And butcher country songs. Then some of the guys go to the bar and not much work gets done the next day!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I have been to some great Christmas parties!! My good friend growing up had a huge family with lots of cousins. I was always the only outsider that was kinda allowed to the "family" party. Lets just say I got to kiss all the cousins. Man was that fun!!! No Mistletoe needed either. All us kids would build a big bon fire and get rowdy. They lived pretty close(about 500 yrds) to my parents so I was within walking distance from the house. One party I watched my dad get up and leave for work about 5:00 am while we were still partying. I ran sacked the outdoor fridge that night so I had to replace all the beer the next day. Kinda funny I had to give my dad money to go buy himself some more beer:) LOL

we had a white elephant gift party for a school orginization i belong too. i had a couple of deer legs hangin around since the rifle hunt so i put them in a big box and got a girl i know to wrap them up real nice. ribbons and a nice bow looked really good. they put all the presents on a table and told everyone to grab one. everyone rushed to the big one with the nice wrapping. after playing a pass the present game we all ended up with a gift. the guy who got my gift was real excited and tore into it. he dropped the box when he opened it and the girls all screamed. it was pretty funny. i thought so anyway

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom