Xmas Goose Hunting

NeMont

Long Time Member
Since big game ended after Thanksgiving here in Montana we have been chasing geese and had a couple of good hunts.

My kid is getting to be a waterfowling nut. He is still looking for the one for Christmas :)

A few weeks ago
PB200327.jpg

A few hunts from this past week

Man limit with his buddy.
goose1.jpg

8 guys and a great shoot with friends, new goose hunter and of course my son.

IMG00013.jpg

Merry Christmas

Nemont

Nemont;

Thanks for the pics and story. Your son has earned his place at the table. Brought back memories of geese and duck hunting with my Father-in-law and laying out in his farm rice fields.
Also bought back memories of the great goose dinner my Mother-in-law could fix.

RELH

Wow What a hunt. And I thought I was having a great season with my 4 geese and 6 trips. LOL Can I go??

Rutnbuck

Best part of the photos, the kid!! X-mas eve and maybe i am a little sentimental(dad died a few years back) but I don't remember sports, or school, but I remember the 100's of times he and I spend hunting, whether we killed or not. I got to hang out with my dad and his friends so I got to see him a one of the guys and not just my dad, which was great for a young guy to be part of.

How's the weather up there this week, Do you ever get snows and blues there too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Nice! That brings back some memories. My parents didn't hunt, neither did my best friend's. We were desperate to hunt and finally got permission to go out alone with our shotguns. We slowly built up a hodgepodge of home made plywood silhouettes and tire decoys. Getting persmission to hunt was pretty easy in the 1970's in eastern Colorado, especially for a couple of teenagers who would show up on foot after walking a couple of hours in the dark with backpack loads of decoys.

Very nice memories,

Thank you for stirring them up.

Bean

Awesome NeMont! You guys really got it dialed in. I'm jealous!

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom