X9B HELP!

Farwesthunt

Hey guys me and my buddy drew X9B and I'm going on my second scouting trip this coming weekend. Can anyone familiar with the zone point me in the right direction? Went scouting once in the southern part of the zone and saw dozens of does and one spike, but no mature bucks. I was just below granite at 11k plus which I've been told is where i should be. Any thoughts?????

Hey guys me and my buddy drew X9B and I'm going on my second scouting trip this coming weekend. Can anyone familiar with the zone point me in the right direction? Went scouting once in the southern part of the zone and saw dozens of does and one spike, but no mature bucks. I was just below granite at 11k plus which I've been told is where i should be. Any thoughts?????
What time of day did you see the does?
Did you glass these deer?
It’s hot out, they’ll be bedding in the shade.

What time of day did you see the does?
Did you glass these deer?
It’s hot out, they’ll be bedding in the shade.
I saw them throughout the day, it was only 80 at the hottest part of the day. But most were in the evening around 6pm and after. Yeah I glassed them… they were not people shy at all though. I walked right past them later and they didn’t flinch. I guess there’s a lot of hikers in that area… kinda worried that even though there’s lots of does the bucks are hiding and won’t come to that area.

But they should start mingling with the doe population at some point in September/October right?

I saw them throughout the day, it was only 80 at the hottest part of the day. But most were in the evening around 6pm and after. Yeah I glassed them… they were not people shy at all though. I walked right past them later and they didn’t flinch. I guess there’s a lot of hikers in that area… kinda worried that even though there’s lots of does the bucks are hiding and won’t come to that area.

But they should start mingling with the doe population at some point in September/October right?
Sept / Oct is the hardest time to hunt mature mule deer, they won’t be in there velvet summer pattern but they won’t be rutting or even pre rut. They are a totally different animal that time of the year and will become nocturnal and the mature bucks typically will be by themselves.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom