Wyoming's Top Mule Deer & Antelope Units

Founder

Founder Since 1999
If any of you need advice and in-sight on some of the best units in Wyoming to apply for, here's an article that I think you'll like.

Read It Here
[IMGhttp://www.monstermuleys.com/adimages/wyoming_state_21814.png][/IMG]

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need
a friend....

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-14 AT 10:01PM (MST)[p]Very good info for a beginners guide. I do have some other thoughts on some units. Im not a muley guy so im no expert. A 170 class muley don't get my blood flowing like most mule deer hunters.

In my opinion I personally think 109 is one of the best muley areas. Its a awesome migration/late season hunt. Someday I will apply for it someday.

Good read but they are dead wrong in regards to 102. The biggest buck I've seen pictures of is a 182" buck killed by a resident. There will be <5% of the 380 deer killed that gross over 170. This unit isn't the crown jewel as almost all general season units have better potential for trophies.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-14 AT 12:02PM (MST)[p]Good basic info like stated above. I would agree with feduptwo about unit 102. Several 190 and 200 bucks are NOT killed every year in 102. 6 or 7 yrs ago, this may have been the case, but no longer. Nowdays deer of that quality are rare in 102. Last year was the worst I've seen for quality in 102 since it went LQ many years ago. Hopefully, last year was an anomaly, but 102 has been slowly slipping downward for the past several years.

102 can be a fun hunt because you will see lots of game. 150-160 class deer would be the expectation for the average hunter here.

I would also add that many antelope units in sw Wy are also currently having fawn recruitment issues. For example, unit 58 offers 50 tags, where a few short years ago tag numbers exceeded 200.

Well-written article, though! Good job, Brad!

I had the 130 tag a few years ago and have tromped around those hills hunting elk for as long as I can remember. Definately pray for snow or you will eat your tag or shoot a dink. When I had that tag I killed the biggest buck I seen. He went 170 and I hunted hard for a big buck. Seen hundreds of deer every day but just does and 2pts. I have came out of there at the end of oct from elk hunting with 2feet of snow and seen some stud bucks right from the road. But that was several years ago. Pray for a lot of snow with that tag.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom