Wyomings best unit for speed goats?

C

choma380

What unit do you guys feel is one of the best Units in Wyoming for Pronghorn. Just killed my first goat with a my bow, and am hooked. I have bought a point every year so far. Any info would be great thanks!

choma380 Wyoming there are lots of good units but units like 61 stand out. Look in the record books to find out what units currently are putting out. The problem is a unit might be hot for awhile then turn cold. I would save up your points for awhile then do your research and call the Game Warden of the area of interest. quest

Why do areas like "61" stand out? Is it because of their reputation for producing booners behind every patch of sage, or is it because the carter's and eastman's think so? . . . IMO, there is no "best" area in Wyoming! A whopper can come out of just about anywhere

I don't know I scouted 57 and 61 this year twice. 57 because I have a tag and 61 for the reputation it has both have nice antelope but 61 from what I saw beat 57 hands down for trophy bucks. I wish I could trade my 57 tag for 61. I saw one the most unique bucks I have ever seen in 61 last weekend.

61 may've been one of the best tags. I had it back to back years 5 few years ago. I haven't put in since that hard winter we had a few years ago wiped out a huge chunk of the goats down there. Has it improved back to its glory days status. I don't think so and the G&F has been slow to increase tag numbers. I drive by 61 several times a month for work and often drive around out there after work on my way back. I've seen some nice ones, but no booners. 73 has been producing some trophys the last few years. The state record goat was shot in just north of Casper a few years ago. Area's for quality bucks changes based on winter conditions, drought, tag numbers, etc. Reputations do not. Most non-rezi's and a lot of residents are slow to figure that out...

LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-10 AT 06:09PM (MST)[p]My choice is 47.Lots of public land and I took my best antelope ever in that unit and saw several more big bucks there.I like to hunt late season and have seen more big bucks late in 47 than any other unit I have hunted in.
Also I want to add that I have never hunted a bad antelope unit and have seen good bucks in every unit I have hunted.

Throw a dart at a state map and you'll be able to squeeze a B&C buck out of it. There's over one million antelope in Wyoming. Do your research and pick one--you won't be disappointed! Good luck!

Yah thats all I hear about is 60,61. I grew up in Saratoga wy. But moved the year before I could hunt big game. Not sure if theres trophies there. But I remember seeing hundreds when we would go to Rawlins.

Anyone tried a decoy, I tried it and pretty much scared them out of my Utah unit..lol. Its pretty bad when you can get closer without one, tells yah how bad I suck at hunting them with a bow...haha

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom