Wyoming Wolf Meeting July 7th

mightyhunter

Very Active Member
Apparently, Wyoming's Governor Mead will be meeting with Ken Salazar and Dan Ashe (nominee to head USFWS)on July 7th, 2011. Senator Barasso had put a hold on Mr. Ashe's nomination to head the USFWS but that was recently lifted. Many assume that this was a political "quid pro quo" to get the wolf issue for Wyoming resolved by the end of summer. It is my understanding, that the meeting is to discuss the specifics of the trophy zone and predator zones advanced by Wyoming. Only time will tell.

wyoming needs to do something with there management plan,im tired of kill'n these super song dogs illegaly,but i'll keep doing it if need be!!!

come on wyo i know you can do it........or can you,

"i snatch kiss's and vice versa"

I have never killed one,i dont think they inhabit nw wyo do they??look'n back now im sure they are yotes,

"i snatch kiss's and vice versa"

RE: Wyoming Wolf Agreement reached

As an update to this post. It is my understanding that the State of Wyoming and the federal government have now reached an agreement that will delist the wolf in Wyoming and turn management over to the state. The agreement must be approved by the Wyoming state legislature. This is one important step in getting the wolf issue resolved in Wyoming.

If Wyoming had not been so dang hard-headed, they could be where Idaho is TODAY with their wolf plan, which by the way is nearly identical to the proposed Wyoming plan now. Only difference is we have to by an $11.50 tag (two if we want). No quota in most of the state. I think the Idaho and Montana wolves will take a licking this year!

I beg to disagree with ya UGA, but Wyoming is completely different from Idaho and they got what they wanted. That's why this was a state's right issue as much or more than it was a wolf issue!!!

UGA,

With the Wyomings plan you can shoot wolves with out a license as many as you want year round. It send a message that wolves are predators and will be treated that way. They are not going to expand everywhere. Keep them around the park.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom