Wyoming wolf hunters-not so fast

I've learned to not even get excited about a Wyo wolf hunt. I won't believe it until I'm holding a tag in my hand...and even then I wouldn't be shocked to find out it'd been nullified. Even if it does go...the quota numbers in the trophy zone are a total joke.

There is some additional information in the Wyoming Forum on this subject. A Notice of Intent to file suit was filed by WildEarth Guardians representing one group of eco-elites. The other coalition filing a similiar notice was Earthjustice representing Defenders of Wildlife, Center for Biological Diversity,Natural Resources Defense Council and the Sierra Club. The lawsuit could be filed (assuming they do so) by November 10th, 2012. All the websites for these groups are soliciting donations for the "fight". The case will likely be sent to Federal District Court in Wyoming. I can't tell you who would hear the case in the Wyoming court. It very well could be Judge Johnson.

Assuming a lawsuit is actually filed, the eco-elites will also have to seek a Preliminary Injunction at that time (claiming irreparable harm etc.) if the hunts aren't stopped. Just because you file a lawsuit does not mean you will automatically be granted a Preliminary Injunction. These same groups sought a Preliminary Injunction to stop the wolf hunts in Idaho and Montana after the Simpson/Tester Wolf Rider was passed. They didn't get one.

mh

It's irrelevant, IMO. Under the current regulation, the season will end after 52 wolves are killed. That will only slow the spread of the wolf cancer, but not stop it. Eventually wolves will spread over the entire west.

If you think that's cool, then you're in a win/win situation. If you had yor heart set on a stuffed wolf, then you might be a little bummed, but hang on. Eventually we will be able to hunt them. I promise.

Eel

And...as Wyoming continues to piss around, Idaho has killed 400+ Wolves.
How did Wyoming get in this mess? HMM

Wyoming?s plan is the only one that will work in the long run. In 90% of the state the wolf is considered a predator and can be shot on site under Wyoming?s plan. The trophy units will be limited to the 52 but mainly takes in the North West side of Wyoming. Get the facts strait about the Wyoming plan.

Wyoming was smart to start out on a small scale the first year to get their feet wet. They can ramp it up in the following years like the other states appear to be doing this season if it looks necessary. Meanwhile if a wolf strays into the predator zone where I hunt he's fair game all year and will get wacked on sight.

I agree with roadless. Wyomings plan is a plan that will work in the long run for sportsmen and wildlife populations.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom