Wyoming whitetail deer hunting

H

HunterMan2146

Hello everyone, I am looking at trying to hunt whitetail this upcoming season and was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in giving a guy a little pointer on where to start. I live on the western side of wyoming and have always hunted mule deer but I thought I would give them a break this year since there numbers are dwindling. I want to try and hunt whitetail on public land or somewhere where a guy doesn't have to pay out the butt to hunt there. I was looking at the areas around lusk but am not sure about access. I want to avoid the black hills due to the stories I have heard of all the people on the public land. Any ideas are welcome, and I would pay a tresspass fee as long as it wasn't too much. If I can help anyone on hunting on the western side of the state just let me know. Thank you for your time.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-13 AT 05:29AM (MST)[p] the area arround Lusk,between there and Mule creek, has Some WALK IN UNITS in that area. I had a friend take his son there 2 years ago and they both took a decent buck.
Good luck with your decision.

You really don't need to go all the way over to the east side of the state to get into good whitetail hunting. Start up in the Lovell area and come right on down the Bighorn river and the other rivers and truibutaries in the basin and you'll find plenty of whitetails. From what I've seen and understand from talking with people out there every year, many ranchers will let you shoot them for free because they don't like them and the fact that they tend to try and push mulies out as they expand their territory.

What Topgun said is the area I would go to I've been around Worland to Lovell alot in the past 6 months and there are a lot of Whitetails and if it's not to far of a drive take a weekend nock on some door's let them know your only looking to go after whitetails and you will have a place to hunt.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom