Wyoming Units Conversion Chart?

desperatehills

Very Active Member
Has anyone come up with a good way to compare antelope, deer, and elk unit numbers? I have picked a few antelope hunts I can draw and I was thinking of burning my deer points at the same time. The unit numbers bounce all over the state and the boundries follow different lines. I have looked at the Eastmans maps and tried to follow the county lines. This gets me in the ballpark but in order to research this properly I need to find a better way. Do you guys have any tricks to make this easier? Part of my problem is not being familiar with the states smaller cities that are mentioned, these cities are not on many of the maps that show unit boundries. Are there any maps available that overlay deer and antelope boundries? I am looking at Antelope areas 73, 55, 56, 83, and 59. Do any of these antelope areas have fair deer units close that can be drawn with 6 points by a non-resident? When I say "fair deer units" I am hopeful I find a hunt where I see bucks most everyday, they don't have to be huge. If I killed a 150" 4 point I would be doing backflips. Thanks for the help, feel free to P.M. me if you prefer.

WY has the shape files for all 3 species on their web site. Google Earth will choke on a shape file however. I use arcgis explorer desktop for 99.9% of my internet scouting. I have topo's, blm, hunt units, and HMA's, overlaying a Bing aerial basemap.

Antelope area 73, deer area 89 the two share a common boundry hwy 20-26 west of Casper

Ditto that! Antelope 73 and the same area for deer that is unit 34 would be an excellent choice to burn those PPs with a great chance at two real good animals of those species.

There are google earth kmz files available for game units by species that will do what you want on google earth. Similar to the shapefiles, but easier to use for most.

You could put up two pieces of paper for each game species units on a window and trace in the units with a colored pencil!

>
>You could put up two pieces
>of paper for each game
>species units on a window
>and trace in the units
>with a colored pencil!

Don't laugh, I was almost there!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom