wyoming unit 9

B

basspimp64

Has anybody hunted antelope in unit 9? We are thinking of trying it and what some info on it before next year...

I have never hunted unit 9 but have talked with the Gamewarden and he told me to find a ranch to hunt on and you will have a happy hunt.Public land is questionable.I scouted some public land there and never saw an animal.
I have heard trespass fees in the unit are very reasonable.
The Lusk Chamber of Comerece might still have a list of land owners you can talk with about hunting.I have found the Wyoming rancher's to be very good people and will answer your questions honestly.

I have hunted it once, in 2009, on an additional buck tag. I hunted on some of the walk-in areas and there is a lot of pronghorn. I only had until noon to hunt it, was on a tight schedule. I shot an average buck within a couple hours of hunting.

Interesting thing on that hunt...I saw a soft rifle case laying beside the road and was shocked when I stopped and picked it up. Still had the rifle in the case, a .270 win. model 70. Luckily, I ran into the older gentleman that lost it. He had shot a buck antelope and put his rifle away and layed it down while he loaded his antelope. He was very thankful to get his rifle back, obviously his main hunting rifle that he'd carried for a very long time.

Its an OK unit, plenty of walk-in areas, quite a bit of State land too. I wouldnt expect a high scoring buck, but if you have realistic expectations, its fine.

Thanks guys! I just wanted to have an easy draw and a chance for my son to harvest a buck looks like we may try to get a tag here

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom