Wyoming unit 9 antelope

J

JDRogge

Has anyone here hunted unit 9 near Lusk for antelope? I drew this tag this year and it will be my 1st hunt out west. We will be hunting mostly walk in areas, and I have a few ranchers to call and see if we can secure any permission.So far the biggest challenge seems to be getting lodging. The season for deer and antelope starts at the same time this year and rooms in Lusk are real scarce.Any advice from those who have hunted this unit would be greatly appreciated.

Have a "real" western hunt and camp out under the stars for your first hunt out there! If you really want to stay in a motel and/or don't already have any ranches staked out, your best bet would be to go the second week of the season. Rooms and ranches should be available then.

I second that too TOPGUN. Lots of the rooms are booked a year in advance, same hunters in area every year on same ranches.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-11 AT 05:20AM (MST)[p]I like to camp near as I can to where I hunt.I pull an old home remodeled pop up camper from Michigan and it serves my purpose well.
For me camping is a big part of the hunt.
Good Luck !

For antelope I prefer the second week of season or later if the unit season runs later.Little to no hunting pressure,makes for a better hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom