Wyoming Unit 47 Help

J

jobuwd

I drew a non-resident antelope tag in Unit 47 as my third choice. I have not done enough homework on this unit, and was hoping to get some advice on a place to start. We (3 in our group)will be camping and hunting out of our camp. We are more than willing to pack in if that is what it takes...and I am sure it is. I understand that there is an abundance of public land in this unit, and would be interested to know good access points.

Hard to believe you got this tag as your 3rd choice. i drew this unit a few years ago and the success for the draw at that time was arround 6 percent for NR.Something must of changed in the draw.
Lots of public land ,access is no problem with a good BLM Map.

DID I UNDER STAND YOU THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO PACK IN FOR A ANTELOPE??????????????????????????????????????? I have hunted this area a few times its just as good as any area in wyoming just drive around and glass intell you find the goat you want its more like shoping than hunting. Plenty of public and lots of goats...........pm me if you would like more info.

Seeing you drew this tag as a 3rd choice,it must be a doe tag?No problem getting a doe in 47.

It is definitely a Type 1 Any Antelope tag, and it was indeed my third choice. It is also the tag that season opens on Sept. 25th.

Yep,I forgot about the special draw.i see they gave 60 permits and only 17 choose this unit as a first choice.That left 43 for second and third choice . Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom