wyoming unit 32 Antelope weekend

H

huntin100

I decided to take my 12 yr old boy loper hunting. He is not quite strong enough to pull back a bow and shoot ethically an animal. He praticed with my buddys cross bow which is legal in Wyo. We had a good hunt Sat night, passed on three 10-11 inch lopers inside 40 yards. He has been looking at to many of my Eastmans and trophy hunters and wanted some size. Sunday we were just going to scout a little,go on ride, and be ready to pattern a buck for Monday morning. We were driving along between medicine bow and Casper and my Tranny started slipping. Yes the one that I spent $1,500 bucks last summer on. We had no Cell service. We made it 2 miles to an old ranchers home. He was in poor shape, health wise. I borrowed his phone. Made acouple calls. $175.00 tow to Casper. No one was working Sunday or Monday because of Labor day. I felt like being without any pants out in the desert. My Bro and friend made the six hour drive to our camp with GPS coordinates. Got home 1:00 AM Monday. The tow truck driver recommended Dayton transmissions in Casper. Any Casper hunters know much about them? I guess we will have to go back hunting in a 7-10 days to pick up the Chevy.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. A similar thing happened to me a few years ago on I-90. I had to get towed into Buffalo on a Saturday afternoon and nobody was open to work on my truck. Finally got a rental car from Sheridan but couldn't get to the spot I wanted to hunt. Long story short, mechanical trouble will ruin a hunting trip as fast as anything. I will be having my truck's transmission serviced this Friday and new tires next week before I head to WY the end of Sept.

Good luck on your next hunt and hope your son gets the goat of his dreams.

Tim

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom