Wyoming Unit 23 Antelope Expectations - Groves Ranch

• Thread starter Idahotrophyhunter
  • Start date
I

Idahotrophyhunter

So I got on the phone a little late, but was able to secure 4 days on the Groves Ranch for Antelope in unit 23. Tresspas fee was only 100.00 and I will be there Oct. 22-25.

Has anyone hunted the ranch or area around it and if so what are some good expectations. I would like at least a 14" buck.

Also, I heard something about landowner or over the counter doe tags? What can you guys tell me about those?

Thanks,
ADAM

Adam,
This will be my first time to hunt Wy. this year my self. I have an antelope tag for unit 63 and will be there Oct. 6th. You can check the wy. G&F site and then look under the leftover tags, then go to reduced doe/fawn antelope tags and it will tell you how many they have left for that area.

Once you've done that go to the Applications page and look for "2008 nonresident issue after reduced price cow/calf,doe/fawn deer, & doe/fawn antelpoe license application" and print it. You can mail the app, in to the address thats on the app. According to what i'm readying you can apply for up to 4 doe tags in that unit.

Hope this helps
Dennis

Adam,
I haven't been on the Groves ranch but I have hunted 23 several times and in different areas. Area 23 probably has one of the highest per square mile Antelope populations in the world. So, you shouldn't have any problem finding goats. However, the biggest one i 've seen out of probably 1,000 antelope bucks in 23 was MAYBE 14 inches. Unless the Groves ranch is different than the rest of the unit if you see a decent 13 incher shoot it ! Going late is a good move. the goats are spookier but there won't be any competition. You'll have a fun hunt. GOOD LUCK. c.c.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom