Wyoming Unit 2 Sheep

KingCrow

Are there any non-wilderness areas in this unit that a non-resident could hunt unguided that have a reasonable chance of seeing a ram?

My understanding is Area 2 is a rugged back-country hunt. The main areas around Cody that have non-wilderness access for sheep are 3 and 5.

If it were me, I'd get on the Wyoming Outfitters and Guides Association and find a good outfitter. Some that come to mind are: Dominick Meade, John Porter's Morning Creek Outfitters, Coy's Yellow Creek, and Griz Turner.

The link to the WYOGA website is: http://www.wyoga.org/

Best of luck to you on your hunt. I hope you score on your once-in-a-liftime opportunity!

Yes, you can hunt the end of Sunlight Creek below Sunlight Peak and in the Hughs Basin area. Get a Forest Service Map and it shows the non-wilderness areas. Also you can hunt on the north side of the North Fork of the Shoshone River of the highway. The largest ram taken in WY(180+) in 2007 was taken off the highway(14/16). But since this is basically a once in lifetime hunt any of the above mentioned Outfitters can help you get a ram. It will greatly increase your chances.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Dewey Wildlife Studios Dawayne Dewey
Nature Design Ray Hatfield
Mountain Valley Artistry Jim Marisco

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-08 AT 11:48PM (MST)[p]If you drew a 2 sheep tag and are a NR, don't waste the tag by not hunting the wilderness. Yeah, some good sheep are taken off the road or in the nonwilderness, but it is truly a once in a lifetime tag, especially as a NR. If you are already looking for a taxidermist, I would first consider an outfitter. If you have access to the wilderness, time and determination, you can DIY, but........
Besides the outfitters listed above, look into Crandell Creek Outfitters-The Fischers.
Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom