Wyoming Un-Guided Antelope

upmuley

My dad has always wanted to hunt antelope. I have hunted in Wyoming in the past for deer and have enjoyed the state. Does anyone have suggestions for which units/areas are good for access to a respectable "goat." It does not have to be a trophy. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am a non-resident who has been hunting WY for several years. I would ask what areas you hunted deer in and did you see many antelope around those areas? My experience has been mostly in region J and D. I have had better success hunting on private property than on public land. If you are familiar with the drawing results, you can easily tell which areas are easy to get permits in and which ones require a lot of luck to draw. Once you narrow down what areas you want to hunt in, call the G&F office in Cheyenne and find out the local biologist / game warden for that area then call them up. If you want to send me a private email, I can give you some more tips. Good luck hunting with your dad. WY is a great state. I am heading there Oct 6.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom