Wyoming road usage tax

Don't like it. Enforcement, recording, verifying, monthly payments, etc. seems cumbersome. Leave fuel tax as is, and put a toll on every semi and delivery truck that enters the state to be used for Interstate and highway repairs. The infrastructure (Port of Entry) is already in place. Easy and done.

You need to research all the road tax we have in California, yet we have the worst roads in the country. Just like the lottery money for the schools etc. It never seems to improve anything except the bank accounts of politicians and certain government employees.

Lets say for fun HB 37 passes. How many of us would actually go to pay someone to install this gps to track our miles? Hell they cant even get most of us to wear a stupid mask.

I travel 44 miles round trip for work. I could just take back roads in the boonies to get to work and avoid the tax.

This has been a very interesting topic at work

On any level I am anti tax increases. In fact taxation was a major reason why we chose to live in WY.

However, there is something to be said for such an approach. In my last state they used vehicle registration fees to make up revenue. So the fees to license my 1972 3/4 ton pickup was actually higher than the fees to register my wifes 2008 G6. My truck maybe saw the road for 2000 miles a year but the G6 was being driven 30,000 a year. The system was set up to where larger vehicles paid more. So guys driving a 1 ton truck paid more than a 3/4 ton, paid more than a 1/2 ton, paid more than a s10 etc...

I agree and like the idea of a trucking surcharge, that is paid when entering the state at select entry points. I80 is without a doubt the busiest highway and also the one that needs the most update and upkeep.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom