Wyoming Region F

X

xfit99

Hey everyone got a few questions on Region F. My buddies and i hunted last year for the first time in the Sunlight Basin. We all killed bucks, nothing special though. We just bought the leftover tags for this year and are staying at the Hunter Peak Ranch near the Hwy 212/296 junction (DIY hunt, just warm place to sleep and eat). Anyone have any advice on where to head to maybe get into some larger bucks? Also if anyone has stayed at Hunter Peak I would appreciate any reports on the place too....sound like real good folks. Last year we stayed at a different place, wasnt that great, so trying different accomadations. Thanks everybody!

Did you have any success this past year with mule deer? I am going to hunt region F with the wife next year and was looking at sunlight basin as well. How were the accommodations at Hunter Peak Ranch. Was there access to the national forest near the ranch? Any size to the bucks? Thanks, Chak - Ann Arbor, MI

Two years ago I was in that area. I didn't see many deer at all. I ended up taking a 125in 4pt but it was not in that area of F. By the way that was the biggest deer my group saw.

They went back to F last year and got two bucks, but they were both smaller than mine. If your looking for a big buck I'm not too shure where they are. My best guess would be up high in the wilderness where you can't hunt without a guide.

Just my two cents.

Did your buddies stay at Hunter Peak Ranch? We just booked a cabin for the 1st week of October. Just hoping for a deer, antler size does not really matter. Would it be possible to get a number or email address for one of your buddies to call to pick their brain about the area? Just trying to get as much info about the area as possible so I can hit the ground running when we get there.
Thanks, Chris

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom