Wyoming Non Resident Wilderness Hunting

A

archeryelk

I know you are required to hire a quide or hunt with a resident. What are the restrictions or what do you have to do to hunt legally with a resident?

Archer

I believe that the resident has to go to the fish & Game office and sign off on your license, and has to be with you when hunting... at your side, not back at camp.

Nate

From the Wyo. G&F's FAQ page:

Q. Is it true nonresidents cannot hunt in national forest wilderness areas without a guide?

A. Basically, that's right. Wyoming statute says nonresidents must have a licensed guide or resident companion to hunt big or trophy game in national forest wilderness areas. The resident companion will need to get a free non-commercial guide license from a G&F office. The law does not prohibit nonresidents from hiking, fishing or hunting game birds or coyotes in wilderness areas. Only nonresident big and trophy game hunters must have a licensed guide or resident companion.

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

And I would assume this resident companion would have to be with you at all times? Really we all know that is not possible even with a guide.

How big of a hassle is it to get the form completed?

Archer

You had better not be disappointed, if they are not willing to put in the commitment you may wish them to. No big deal, just keep that in the back of your mind. You will have a lot more invested in time off work and money than a resident. They have their lives too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom