Wyoming Moose Unti 25

G

gon4elk

Anybody ever hunt Unit 25 in Wyoming for Moose? This is the Off - Natl Forest hunt just West of Big Piney and Pinedale. My question is, is if it's off Natl Forest, is it mainly private ground or is it BLM/state? And what type of quality of bulls? Seems like they give a lot of tags for this area. Do the moose migrate into this area or somenthing? I've been through the country a few times and if memory serves me it was more antelope type country. Any info would be aprreciated. I have 7 points and I'am looking to burn them in 2008. Thanks

Unit 25 is mainly BLM antelope country and private ranches. I have hunted that area a number of times for antelope. There is a little BLM ground that holds some moose but not much. Access to private ranches is the key to success in unit 25. If a public lands moose hunt is what you are after you should consider a different unit.

i burned 6 points last year as a non resident and got my moose in unit 25. Saw moose every day as many as 13 as few as 2. yes private ground mixed with public but many ranchers will let you hunt if you ask. I have lots of information and phone numbers from my quest last year. Have sent it along to another hunter off this site as well. Just got my info back for WY game and fish my moose was 2.5 yrs old nice paddles 34 inches 7 points a side. Not the toad that can come from there but by day 7 or 8 i was ready to tag out. Also got a nice antelope in unit 88. You may be surprised how many moose you find out in the sage traveling looking for girls in Oct. going from one creek drainage to another. i can give you more info next week busy till then. bp

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom