Wyoming Moose unit 21 help

H

huntin100

A friends son from Wyoming, drew for moose in this unit. They have hunted the unit for elk before. They have horses, and can hunt hard. His boy is getting home from a church mission in Aug. They will have some time to scout then. Any helpful info where they should look at would be appreciated. Please PM me. Thanks, Greg

If you plan to use the horses, I would try the head of Granite creek or near Shoal falls. Also the boundary between unit 21 and 22 usually has a good bull. I hunted unit 22 near this boundary and saw a 45" plus bull on the unit 21 side. The boundary is hard to discern. This deters many people from hunting near it. I spoke with two other hunters who each killed decent bulls on the highline trail.

cqh1

Get hold of Bob Barlow "Barlow Outfitting" out of star valley. Most of the unit is wilderness so they've either got to go guided or get a resident to go with them.

Unless there is some weather, they're likely gonna have to go back in quite a ways to find many good bulls.

Neat country for sure.

Thanks for the info. The guy that drew, and his dad is a res of Wyoming. They have hunted the unit for elk in the past. He can't afford a guide. He is still on his mission until August. Any other help would be grat. Thanks.

I'm a long time viewer of this site, but a new register. I have also drew a 2008 wyo moose tag for unit 21. From the drawing odds this year there is only two resident bull moose tags for the unit. I never checked the none resdient tags. I am also trying to figure out where to go. I've hunted for elk and deer up Granite Creek for many years and have seen some decent bull moose up in there, but haven't seen any huge bulls in there for about 5 or 6 years. So I am looking at exploring new areas in the unit. It is all such rugged country and so many good looking places.

Jake, I"ll have my friend, get in touch with you, and maybe you can help each other out. They are great guys. Thanks, Greg

Thanks for replying Greg. That would be great, I don't know if they know the area all that much. I know it a little. It would be cool to get with them and maybe even go scouting with them. FYI I've been home from my mission for 3 yrs now. Thanks Jake

I gave him your email. Good luck to both of you! Hope you both kill nice bulls.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom