Wyoming Moose Draw

L

Lefty280

After only 14 short years I'm going to be hunting moose in area 38 this fall, I am ready

the big unsuccessfull for me on all three only one point down from max on sheep so just a matter of time. I see that there are many areas with not max point holders appling so soon.

best of luck to all

norby....no kidding, nada? Well, I don't feel bad about taking your tag, nada here also. We had pretty good chances and both came up losers! @%&**$!

Keep swinging buddy, take care,

I drew unit 20 with 11 points.

Broke my brutal 3 year tag drought and will get off the WY $75/year treadmill. Hope the wolves left a few critters for me.

Figured since I applied for a 100% elk draw unit in New Mexico. Will have to look into withdrawing in a few other draws if possible. A 3rd tag would deplete my vacation days.

Unit 26 with 11 NR points. There were 6 NR tags pulled in the preference point draw and 18 put in for the tag with 11 points for 33% draw odds. If I recall correctly the draw odds were 25% with 10 points last year...

Horniac

Last year shows that it was 45% with 10NR points. That should have been about 12 people putting in and 6 drawing, which left 6 with 11 points this year. 18 people with 11 put in this year first choose. That is a big jump. I went from being close to about three years out with 10 points this year

Just checked stats and was surprised to there were only four 11-point pool applicants for the 5 NR tags. Someone actually drew from the 10 point pool. I expected more would come out and apply. Last yeaar all 5 from my pool who applied drew.

I cashed in this year with 10 res points for area 20! Now, I just need to lose 5 or 70 pounds to be effective. Put that in conjunction with 2 bad knees and 1 bad shoulder, and this should get real interesting when its time to pack out meat.

Congrats to all who drew this year!

They got my tag to Illinois today. Dang it was nice to open up the envelope and see one again. Been 3 years since I could say that. I counted up my vacation days today at work and figured I'd have almost 6 weeks saved up by opening day.

Anyone know when the peak rut days are? I was looking at starting maybe October 1st. I'd really like to experience a moose rut. Never seen that.

Most of the rutting takes place in early October. I've found the Shiras bulls to be very receptive to calling (short grunts). Didn't have much luck with the long moaning cow calls like they do in Alaska.

My tag made it to Maine. Two years ago while hunting elk in what would be moose unit 23 they were grunting etc the first week of Oct really good. Found rutting sign starting the last week of Sept.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom