Wyoming hunting

Whiterock

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-13 AT 04:53AM (MST)[p]I talked to a game warden from central Wyoming yesterday.He sugjested to forget antelope and deer hunting in his area and go for elk.The deer and antelope herds are hurting but elk are doing great.
He said he hates to discourage anyone but he thought if you came out to his area ,you would be very disapointed for deer.But on the other hand they have an over abundance of elk.He said unit 16 elk has good success rate and plenty of public land.He said Late season is better on the public land .
Sounds interesting but I already have a elk hunt scheduled .

I'm not sure where in "central wyoming" you're talking about but I hunted unit 87 for deer last fall.I was really disapointed in the number and size of the deer we saw. We covered miles and miles every day on foot and saw few deer and no big ones. Killed a 150 incher the 5th day. Antelope herds are also WAY down in 62 and 63 so I'd say your deer and antelope info is correct. There are lots of Elk in 16 (and some good ones )but you better have a GPS with a public / private chip in it and know how to use it. Lots of private and, as always, thats where the Elk end up. Don't mean to be a wet blanket but just want you to know the deal. Good Luck. Chip

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom