Wyoming hunters I need your help.

arch3614elk

Well here is the situation.. My wife wants to do an antelope hunt this year instead of a turkey hunt. Where would be the best place for her to apply for a tag close to the Utah border since her work schedule can be hectic. Any info would be grateful. I just want her to have a good chance at a buck, it doesn't need to be a world class antelope.

Unit 98 and 100 are on the border and have good goats. If you don't have any points it will be hard to draw.

From my experience, you may have a hard time drawing a tag close to Utah, since every Utahn owns a gun and wants to hunt Wyoming!
However, if you are willing to drive further east, your chances get much better at getting a tag. The problem in eastern Wyoming is private land. So chose your poison, and good luck with the Mrs!
I took my 12 year old son on his first big game hunt(antelope)up around Casper, some years back. It was a left over tag and we had a blast. We killed three goats in one day, so getting one is not the problem, but rather getting a tag.

Getting a buck in any unit is relatively easy. Getting one say over 14 inches starts requiring a little more effort and a trophy one alot of effort or some luck. Like has been said getting a tag close to Utah is a little hard. The units up by Gillette are easy to get a tag and a weekend or three day weekend would be enough time to get a buck of average quality. There is public land up that way but you should be prepared to pay a trespass fee and go on private if you want a quick hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom