Wyoming Here We Come!!!!

B

bigwhiteman

My dad, younger brother and I all drew the 3 only non-res antelope tags in the random draw for unit 60-1 and this was the first year that we even put in(but had one below max with points) We only put in for the unit knowing that we had almost no chance of drawing and was hoping to draw our second choice, but to our suprise we pulled our first. This will be my brother's and my first time hunting out of state. My dad has hunted in wyoming before for elk and moose, but it has been 15 years or so. Just wondering what is to be expected on this hunt? I just dont want to go out there and get too excited and shoot the first one I see. Is it worth scoutting? or do we just go out and hunt and hope for the best?

If anybody has success stories or photo's of antelope that they have havested on this unit post them up please. Thanks in advance.

BWM

Why in the world are you three going to Wyoming? You should be headed to.........Vegas.....

Congrats on tag. Good unit. Lots of antelope. Don't shoot the 1st one you see, take our time and enjoy. Like most units in WY you have to sift thru lots of bucks in the 12-14 inch range to find one of the upper tier bucks, unless you get lucky and find one right out of the box. If patient 15" is dooable.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Here's one my uncle shot last year. Lots of antelope, most of the bucks were between 12-14"
Saw one other buck that was probably 82 or 83" and he shot this one on the 3rd afternoon and it scored 81 and change.
Have fun..

9899ferds1.jpg

Shoot em till their dead

I have not hunted antelope for several years, but I used to hunt them almost every year when I was younger. We always went a day or two ahead of the season opener and scouted for some "shooter" bucks. Then we had a leg up on the competition when the hunt started because we would be sitting right on the good bucks when the season opened. We ended up taking some nice antelope with that method. 60 is a very big unit and if you want to know what is there, you will need to scout it and get to know what quality of a buck you would be happy with. It is always a challenge for novice antelope hunters to not shoot too soon, but any way you look at it, antelope are fun to hunt.
My son and I will be hunting 58, which is just south across the interstate. Congratulations and good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom